This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Towns in Northern Ireland?
03-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Towns in Northern Ireland?
I am working on my first novel and I need some help with it. My novel is going to be based off a short story I wrote and it takes place in 2 different mountain towns in Northern Ireland. both towns see a great amount of snow during the winter months. One of them is some more or less a tourist type town with skiing but if I cant find that. I am open to other suggestions for tourism in the area.

I pretty much adding t.o the short story and turning into a full novel. And I know that I will end up changing a lot of things from the original story. I have looked on both google and bing and didnt have any luck. I have even messaged people from Dublin, Ireland on facebook, but have had no luck.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 02:48 PM

Was gonna say Gortin and there is another close town nearby , both in Co Tyrone NI , then you said skiing and then i had to give up , there is zero skiing here

Ads

03-23-2014, 03:01 PM

As Northern Ireland is officially part of the UK, you need to ask this in the UK section as well.

Of course you didn't have any luck if you messaged people from Dublin ... Dublin is not in Northern Ireland.

And you might find it helpful to know that Ireland generally does NOT get much snow in winter, not even northern parts of the island. If snow and mountains are that much a feature of your book, you might want to consider relocating your story to a country where snow and mountains are present in the quantities you require for your narrative. I suggest Norway or Switzerland. Or possibly even places in Russia.
03-23-2014, 03:10 PM

With skiing? In Ireland? Are you mad?

Newcastle is close to the Mourne Mountains and is touristy.
03-23-2014, 03:21 PM

N. Ireland is a different country to Ireland. Its part of the Uk so is British. People in this section from Dublin etc will know nothing about N. Ireland. As another person said Newcastle is touristy and at the foot of the Mourne mountains by the sea. It gets snow in winter usually and the mountains are beautiful to watch.
03-23-2014, 03:31 PM

HELPS to know the place you are writing about..For a start YOU do KNOW NI is part of The UK???? French & Saunders could produce the film of the book????

Dublin is the CAPITAL of The REPUBLIC of Ireland......Northern Ireland is NOT part of that REPUBLIC..See a map maybe?????

SKIING in The Six Counties???? LOL.....Should have posted in The UK section.....People from the SOUTH will deny the very existence of The PROVINCE, the existence on the island of Ireland of the PROUD, BRITISH Loyalist people of Northern Ireland.......who are NOT Irish.....YOU risk opening a BIG and nasty can of worms...Stand back....!!!!