This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPhone and iPod iTunes help?
03-23-2014, 10:17 PM
iPhone and iPod iTunes help?
So I currently have an iPod touch and iTunes with all my music, games, apps etc. I am getting an iPhone 5s soon and was wondering if I need another account for my iPhone or do I use the same one? I will keep my iPod and use it for music but only want to put a selection of music and the best games and apps on my iPhone to ensure it doesn't use all the memory, is this possible? Or will I have to sync the whole of my apps etc.. I really just want a few songs, snapchat, facebook that kind of thing on my iPhone and keep all the others on my iPod.

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 10:24 PM

You can still have the same Apple ID and you can see all of your apps in the App Store under purchase. If you just want a few apps then you should just use the same Apple ID that you have for your iPod. Don't go through the all the steps to get a new one. Hope I helped and answered your question

Ads

03-23-2014, 10:29 PM

Yes you can, when it backs up, it doesn't install directly to your mobile, it installs to the AppStore. From there, you oppen purchased, and you install what you want.
However even if you backup all the data, you can delete what you don't want.
03-23-2014, 10:34 PM

" wondering if I need another account for my iPhone or do I use the same one?"

My daughter and I share an iTunes account. She used it for her first iPod Touch, her iPhone and my iPod.

"but only want to put a selection of music and the best games and apps on my iPhone to ensure it doesn't use all the memory, is this possible?"

I don't see why not. Just enable manual management of music and video - that will allow you to drag and drop single songs or batches of highlighted songs to your iPod. I;ve been doing it that way for years and I avoid all the problems of syncing complained of in thousands of questions here. MM works on any range of iPods and related devices, including Nanos, iPhones and iPads as well as the iPod Touch.

With apps, I just drag and drop the Apps from my app library onto the iPod tab on sidebar. You can bring sidebar up (if you don't see it) using ctrl s.