This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MY FRIEND THINKS I'M WEIRD FOR NOT BEING MARRIED?
03-23-2014, 10:40 PM

No! Forcing yourself into a marriage/relationship is NEVER a good idea.

You do whatever YOU feel comfortable with. If you don't want to be married, or have kids, that isn't her problem! It's your choice!

Tell her that you can handle your own relationships, and you'll take things at your own pace Smile I know she means well and wants you to be happy, but she should mind her own business!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2014, 10:49 PM

hi im joy in my age 29 not yet married also and being single is not weird coz you just only find and searching for the right guy who deserve your love and dont be lied or hurt u while your in relation with him

Ads

03-23-2014, 11:04 PM

Your not weird at all. Its your life. She has no rights to boss you or force you to get in a relationship. If you want to date people then date the ones who are your type and have no criminal records. In my opinion, I think yes, but watch out who you date cuz some people who have criminal records may murder you or do something bad to you. Let the choice fall in your hands. If you like my advice take it if you want to be single and continue your life the way it is then do it. If your friend still thinks your weird tell her what I said No one is forced to have a boy friend at all. You can be single if you want to or just decide in the future to make up your mind. If she is constantly bothering you about this issue just ignore her phone calls, texts, ETC until she shuts up and talks about something else.
03-23-2014, 11:14 PM

NO, you don't need to be hooked up with men with a record. You're fine at 22 being single and childless. Your friend is fine with the choices she's made for her life. Don't be swayed to follow in her footsteps. Not everyone has a bf during their single dating years. You date people, but there are spells where you are alone. That's not a bad thing; independence teaches you strength and self reliance. There's nothing wrong with you, you're doing just fine.
03-23-2014, 11:27 PM

Sounds like this friend of yours is feeling insecure about her own choices. She wants you to meet a nice guy and settle down because having someone else her age do what she has done will somehow validate her choices. Believe it or not, this type of behavior is pretty common. That certainly does not make it less annoying or intrusive, but it does happen quite a bit.

If you like your life the way it is (single, child-free, etc.), say so. It is not your job to make this girl feel good about her choices, nor is it your job to change your lifestyle to make her feel more comfortable. If a simple thanks-but-no-thanks talk is not enough, be more firm. Avoid insulting her choices or insinuating that your choices are better, and instead stick with your core argument; you are happy with your life right now, life is not a race, and, if you do change your mind, you will call her first. Until then, she needs to respect your choices just as much as you respect hers.
03-23-2014, 11:32 PM

I&#x27;m 19 and I tell people straight up &quot;I&#x27;ve never had a girlfriend&quot;. Yes, girls have asked me out two or three times and some also show clear interest. I&#x27;m just like; no. Until I&#x27;m 28, 29, I can do without a gf, who&#x27;s probably slept around&#x2F;will sleep around after she breaks up with me for whatever reason. You shouldn&#x27;t let society change your freedom of choice, it doesn&#x27;t mean anything if you don&#x27;t marry, it just means you don&#x27;t want to begin a family yet. Don&#x27;t over think it and one day you&#x27;ll wake up and say &quot;I wanna get knocked up&quot; and that&#x27;s the day your journey for the right guy will begin.
03-23-2014, 11:40 PM

Do you want to date? Do you have trouble finding men to date? Do you want to be set up to have a date with a man with a criminal record? Or who are felons? You are an adult, you need to figure out for yourself if you want to have a blind date with these men.
03-23-2014, 11:52 PM

First off, I don't know why you stay friends with someone who thinks you're strange. That's not a very good friend.

Second, why does it matter who's from Smalltown USA and who's from The Big City? Plenty of sophisticated singles live in the sticks, and plenty of happy housewives live in the city. She is wrong for putting you down for being single, but you sound awfully judgmental yourself there, honey.

When someone asks why you're not married, stop making excuses or explanations. "I'm happy with my life the way it is" is all you need to say. The more you try to justify your choices in life, the more people will try to poke holes in your argument. If you keep it simple ("I'm happy with my life the way it is") then it doesn't leave room for counter-arguments. If they won't knock it off, then end the conversation and walk away/hang up the phone.

You don't need to explain that you hate children, because (a) it insults those who chose to have children, and (b) married couples are not required to have children in the first place. And you don't need to explain that you "haven't got the patience for men," either. Again - "I'm happy with my life the way it is." End of discussion. Repeat it a hundred times verbatim if necessary. Or better yet, walk away.

If she keeps trying to set you up on a date, say, "No thank you." Lather, rinse, repeat. If she keeps showing you a Facebook page, hand her back the laptop/phone and say, "I told you, I'm not interested. Please stop it." If she emails you a bunch of profile links, don't respond to the email. Delete them without reading them, if you'd be tempted to respond. Block her email address if it comes down to it.

Who cares if the men are hot or ugly? Beauty is only skin-deep. There needs to be an attraction there, of course, but you could potentially be overlooking a great guy because he isn't as attractive as you think he should be ... or a really hot guy could be a total dirtbag. It's a moot point if you don't want her to hook you up in the first place, but my point is that it's really shallow of you to comment on their looks.

The decision of whether to date a guy with a criminal record is up to you, but personally I wouldn't do it. You can do better than that.

As for why this girl keeps talking to you about this ... it could be a number of reasons. Maybe she's happy with her life choices and wants the same for you, because she's one of those people who think that her way is the only way. Maybe she's upset with her life choices and wants you to repeat them in order to give her life choices some justification. Maybe she's just a jerk. Who knows.

If you don't want her to set you up, just say "No thank you." Then change the subject or end the conversation. If she won't take a hint, then be straight with her: "It really annoys me that I've repeatedly said no to your blind date offers and you keep asking me. For the last time, STOP IT." If she STILL won't quit it, then it's time to end the friendship.
03-23-2014, 11:57 PM

I think your friend is weird FOR being married at that age. Honestly though, who cares what she thinks? You're happy, and that's all that matters.
03-24-2014, 12:03 AM

That's small town talking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZfj2Ir3GgQ
Of course not.