This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Do You Make a Business Page on Facebook WITHOUT My Profile Being Involved?
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
How Do You Make a Business Page on Facebook WITHOUT My Profile Being Involved?
I am working as a Marketing Director for a business, and I'd like to start a Facebook page for the company. However, I've looked online and it says all over the place that you cannot open a new account if you already have a personal one. I'm SO confused by this! I would think that if you have a business email, like I do, I can just start a business account with that email, and leave my personal account out of it.

I'd really like to start a page for them, but really don't want it attached to my personal Facebook. I just like orderly things, and the fact that I need to connect them bugs me.

Does anyone know how to do this correctly? Is it true that Facebook will deactivate my accounts if they know it's me running both a business and personal account? How would they know if I have two different emails? Furthermore, why do they make it this way? If you can give me reasons why I should keep it attached to my personal account, I'd love to know, because maybe I'm overlooking something.

Thanks so much!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:03 PM

Hi KDog,

Yes, it's tru that you can't manage multiple accounts with Facebook. They can tell it's you via IP address and MAC address. It's a violation because they want to make sure that the person on each account is really the actual person.

All that being said... You can easily have the business you are working for create their own business account (they can do so if they already don't have a personal account or another business account). Then, you will need to like the business page. After that, have them make you an Administrator. You will then be able to manage their page.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply