This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm shy - why do people dislike me and why would someone with 700 Facebook friends UNfriend me?
03-24-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm shy - why do people dislike me and why would someone with 700 Facebook friends UNfriend me?
i am very shy - always have been, and sometimes people are nice to me because of it because they know i am shy, but other times, people just really don't seem to like me. and this is not one of those "shy person having low self esteem and lacking confidence in social situations" i am talking about some people that for some reason just don't like me. i keep to myself and i don't get in anyone's face, i mind my own business. i just don't understand why they don't like me.
i even remember growing up there were always nasty girls who hated me and would be very cruel. now i am 24 years old and occasionally encounter similar girls. i am a very calm, laidback person so i don't understand why anyone would get mad at me or not like me. i'm nice, i swear

and now i noticed that a teacher i had in improv class, who told me i was funny and seemed to like me when i was in class, has now defriended me on facebook! the guy has over 700 friends, so clearly he's not exclusive about who he has as a facebook friend. yet he went through his list and for some reason found having ME as a friend was a huge burden to him and he just couldn't have me as a facebook friend. i did NOTHING to him. i always thought he liked me, he says hello to me if i pass him. i don't GET it. i know it's not a big deal, but still, he made a conscious choice to remove me from his list of TONs of people. and i just noticed a guy at my work did the same thing. i recently hung out with him after work too! i always thought he was nice, but now i am not sure........
Please Please please BE HONEST
i am NOT overanalyzing

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 07:23 AM

All you have to do is open up a little bit.

Ads

03-24-2014, 07:31 AM

maybe he didnt recognize who you were..
03-24-2014, 07:40 AM

Considering that I don't know you, I can't tell you why. No one really can. I suggest you ask the person directly. Not in a confrontational way, just explain that you are trying to improve your self.
03-24-2014, 07:43 AM

maybe its something u did
03-24-2014, 07:59 AM

With the teacher: He may not have found it appropriate to be friends with one of his students, even though you are 24.

With the guy at work: He may have had to delete his facebook for work reasons, etc.

I'm sure you're nice, but it may definitely be helpful for you to learn to get over your shyness. Don't worry about people who don't want to be your friend -- you don't deserve such treatment.
03-24-2014, 08:06 AM

Yes, I belive you when you say your nice. There is nothing wrong with being shy. I'm am kinda shy myself. (I'm 12). Don't get wound up with what happens on facebook. It's only a internet thing. He would still like you in real life. Don't let it get you down Smile My email address is: louis.rulz@yahoo.com Let me know how ya going Wink
03-24-2014, 08:11 AM

Maybe you are over-analyzing things.Could have been honest mistake on their part.
03-24-2014, 08:21 AM

Maybe he didn't unfriend you on purpose. Maybe alot of people got deleted be accident. Maybe his facebook got hacked or deleted. Maybe its not something you need to get all worked up about Smile
03-24-2014, 08:33 AM

Sometimes that happens for no reason. I remember not even knowing until I got a Re-friend request. You shouldn't care whether or not they like you, if you behave to satisfy others they won't respect you. I'm shy too :/