This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A boy named Julia --?
03-24-2014, 09:07 AM
A boy named Julia --?
Was browsing through twitter, and i came across this girl who was tweeting to some famous person and said, " My sister just gave birth to a son, can i get a tweet back for my new baby nephew! His name is Julia. " I found it funny because a lot of people who are against using boys names on girls will say, " you wouldn't name your son Elizabeth or Julia would you? So why do you think its okay to name your girl Logan. " ( just an example with the names ) Not really a fan of boys names on girls myself ( though i do have my exceptions ) but it doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother some others. SO, what does everyone think? Are we on the verge of another baby name trend? Girls names on boys this time? What do you think? How do you feel about it?
- I can assure you that it was not a typo as the name Julia was typed more than once in the tweet ( i para-phrased above. )

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 09:19 AM

Um no I'm a boy so I'd prefer being named Alexander over Alexandria or my name, Michael over Michelle.

Ads

03-24-2014, 09:26 AM

Maybe she mistyped Julian . Or maybe the name Julia has a strong meaning to the parents family . I personally don't have a problem with it .
03-24-2014, 09:39 AM

Maybe it was Julian and the tweet got cut off from using a certain amount of characters. That happened to me before Smile I had one letter left and tweeted it not even realizing it left me without my last letter until a few minutes later.

But if his name is Julia, I guess it woulnt be my first choice.
03-24-2014, 09:47 AM

Are you sure they didn't mean Julian? Anyway, yeah I guess I can see a trend of girls names on boys starting soon but I personally think that's worse than boys names on girls because girls' names end with many different letters and so do boys but very few boys' names end in 'a' (exceptions are Noah, Luca etc.) so they look and sound obviously feminine. I actually really like Kendall and Madison on girls though, so I'm one to talk. I hate Mackenzie, McKenna, McKinley and all the other really trendy ones though.
03-24-2014, 09:48 AM

No, Julia is such a feminine name but Maybe she meant to type Julian

I'm not a fan of masculine names on girls and definitely not feminine names on boys.
03-24-2014, 10:03 AM

Hahah, Oh poor kid, I'm already laughing and he isn't even in preschool yet. He's really going to have a Hell of a time, I'd really really hate to be him.
03-24-2014, 10:09 AM

she may have misspelled it for Julian
03-24-2014, 10:12 AM

I agree with aj .. Poor kid is gonna be teased through out his entire life !! Can you just imagine him handing over his c.v for work and it says his name is julia ?? Omw I'd change my name !! So no girls name should be just for girls and boys names for boys .. And of course you get those non gender names ..
03-24-2014, 10:19 AM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!