This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What political party do you favor and why?
03-24-2014, 10:06 AM
What political party do you favor and why?
Provide details and support your view.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:09 AM

I admire the Official Monster Raving Loony Party. I like their name. The two big parties in the USA are both unofficial raving loony parties.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:13 AM

I generally vote Democrat because I believe old methods can be improved on, and that things that were once impossible can become possible.
03-24-2014, 10:15 AM

I vote Democrat because Republicans do not serve the common man. They serve the corporations and criticize the common man if he makes any demands on them at all. For example, cutting out unemployment benefits when there are no jobs to be taken, but claiming all the recipients are lazy. Democrats care about ordinary people.
03-24-2014, 10:20 AM

I favor the left because they don't care how much you donate to their re-election funds.
03-24-2014, 10:27 AM

The US Working Class Party...

...which is not organized and continually divided by the two US richclass parties. The signature of US Plutocracy is the two-richclass-party system.
03-24-2014, 10:36 AM

I don't favor any political party nor any candidate.

What difference does it make if we have a different set of rulers making more laws than anyone could possibly not accidentally break?

I prefer to be free and so I don't try to make my fellow citizens enslaved. I do unto them as I wish they'd do unto me.
Voting is violence.
03-24-2014, 10:38 AM

Republican Party generally. It is the Party that closest supports the views of Conservatism. American Conservatism believes in equal opportunity, equal justice, individualism and charity. It holds in great reverence the Constitution and it's ideals of limited federal government and natural (individual) rights. Individual rights are those inherent in the people and do not need an outside enabler (like government) to make them work. It also believes in the power and ability of free market principles to make every ones life better. Although these are principles on Conservatism, it is also pragmatic to bend to a certain extent to non-Conservative principles that may already be in place. For instance, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid may be over-steps of limited Federal government, but they are willing to live with them and just reform them from the bloated, bureaucratic, wasteful mess they are. Neither would it want to go back to the pure market-driven, exploitative days of the Industrial Revolution. Conservatism has no problem with natural inequity in life, just as long as individuals are not blocked or impeded their rising above those inequities. The implied Constitutional mandate of the proper role of government, being the protection of rights and liberties of it's citizens is the mechanism that support this. This does not guarantee happiness, but it protects their pursuit of it. The individuals abilities is what determines how far they can go. For those who have difficulty, there is charity, even a hand-up from government to a certain extent, but not a handout. Compassion is not measured by how many people government can take care of, but by how many people DON'T have to be taken care of by government, trapped by welfare.

Most everything that is done by Conservatives are with this philosophy in mind. The Republican Party has strayed from this over the last dozen years (namely during the Bush Administration), but is rediscovering it's Conservative roots. Groups like the Tea Parties have been helping that out.
03-24-2014, 10:46 AM

I favor the Republicans because they alone seem to understand the importance of creating wealth and how it is created. Lefties seem to assume that money grows on trees and all that matters is how to harvest and distribute it to people who had no part in its creation. That Democrats are able to buy votes on the strength of wealth created by Republican endeavors is surely epitome of irony.
03-24-2014, 10:54 AM

...Political Party's are a bunch of CRAP ! I'm an Independent, Constitutionalist !