This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this a good business idea?
10-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Is this a good business idea?
Hello. I'm 15 and I really want to start an online business. I would like to make adult money (50k-100k a year), not just kid money. I don't want to do affiliate marketing, MLM, or creating an info website. I want to start my own online company that provides a service of some sort.

My first idea is to start a digital music distribution/marketing services company. It would be where I get new bands/artists' music on iTunes (through another service called Tunecore) and also provide marketing services like websites (webs.com basic type of site), and marketing the band on Facebook and other social networking sites. I could charge a monthly fee to bands to have their music on iTunes while they keep 100% royalties, or they could choose a free option where they don't pay a subscription, but only keep 80% royalties. I could also charge a few hundred dollars for the marketing services.

The last idea I have is a website. I came across a free website script which creates a website where bands can share their music, and listeners can rate, share, comment, follow, etc. However, there is a site that already does this called Purevolume.com, and Myspace Music.

Do any of you have any other profitable online service company ideas to do to make real money (50k-100k a year)? I wanted to do reseller hosting, but the market is so saturated. Please help me. Are any of my ideas good?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:04 PM

Just a tip... DO NOT EVER put business ideas on the internet if you haven't already followed through with a business plan.

Ads

You have a great idea. But I'm going to be honest with you, if making that kind of money was that easy, nearly everyone would. But they don't and making such money is difficult, especially on a startup business, especially in a year.

Do the math on your ideas. To make that sort of money, let's say $100K in total revenue. This is not profit or even what you'll take to buy the things that you want. Just money coming into the business to pay for expenses, etc. There are about 20 working days in a month, or 240 working days in a year, so you'll need to bring in about $416 every working day. If each band pays you $60 a month to have their music on your site, you'll need a total of 277 bands on your site paying your fee. every month.

It's great idea, but focus on growing and promoting your business over how much money you'll make. I'm a business owner, and I know from other businesses, that if you focus on your money, you won't do well. But if you focus on the customer and what you love, you'll do fine.

Yea, they are all good. You should write a book with your ideas and offer it as a pdf download for opting into your e-list.

Build a list and retire......

Lee T
Web Marketer/Developer
http://www.paradigmoneweb.com
Find out the 5 big mistakes
to avoid when starting an
online business!

Making money online can be accomplished in a number of ways. You can affiliate market, you can produce a product, you can sell digital products, or hard goods. The promotional method can be blog marketing, forum marketing, article marketing, with or without a web site or all together with more than one website. You have to choose what it is you wish to market to start with, then establish a marketing method and pursue it. If you don't have any prior knowledge, then you need mentoring, and that is why I recommend the Millionaire Society.

hey there

I was also looking for some way to make some extra money online and I did a lot of searches in my journey to finding the right one.. I stumbled upon this site http://www.incomenow.ws

this is it for me. iam cool now