This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Global warming has been stopped for 16 years. Why do some say it is a 1 year trend?
03-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Global warming has been stopped for 16 years. Why do some say it is a 1 year trend?
In 2007 the global warming crowd predicted that the arctic would be ice free in 2013. They were hugely wrong. In 2013 there is a 60% increase in ice over 2007. Some scientist are now saying the world is cooling because a 16 year trend has been acknowledged by the global warming scientific community.

However some of the zombies on this site deny that global warming has not been a issue for 16 years even though the scientific community has now recognized it. I get answers from some people say it is just a 1 year trend. 16 years is not a trend.

Here is a excerpt from a article that was recently published about the topic.

The disclosure comes 11 months after The Mail on Sunday triggered intense political and scientific debate by revealing that global warming has ‘paused’ since the beginning of 1997 – an event that the computer models used by climate experts failed to predict.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2eOqM0xJG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Zombie, it is a 1 year trend for being low. This is up from 2007 numbers as well. I don't have the percentage but it is much larger. Could this be weather?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:08 AM

If you are a university scientist, and you want to keep your job, you need to get government grants. If you want a government grant, you have to go along with the global warming hoax. It is that simple.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:12 AM

Despite their boasting, Liberals hate science, incapable of scientific analysis and just repeat tittles they read from New York Post.
03-24-2014, 10:13 AM

The Libs intervention has worked so well that if we don't stop now we'll be frozen in a few years .
03-24-2014, 10:15 AM

Looks like "An Inconvenient Truth" was an inconvenient goof!
03-24-2014, 10:18 AM

20 years ago scientists were warning us about a new ice age. Then the globalists started the scare stories about "global warming" so they had an excuse for a worldwide tax and cap and trade futures markets (big money there). But if they're so worried about it they should greatly reduce world shipping and military intervention. Not in such a big hurry there.....
03-24-2014, 10:28 AM

A. I was talking about the ice sheet... it shows it right there in your article has low it was last year... that's a one year trend

you have to twist and turn what I say, don't you?

B. brb, going to copy paste my comments from before when I already answered the other part of this question

EDIT: EDIT: it didn't pause... look at the numbers... it had one year that was above average in 98... then it went back down and has overall been still going back up since then... that's not pausing... it was just a one year variation...

all of our hottest years, with the exception I noted are all in the 2000s?

1-2: 2010, 2005
3-8: 2007, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2009
9-12: 2012, 2011, 2001, 2004
13: 2008
14: 1997
15: 1995

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...-have-com/

this isn't some perfect line that has no variation...

I don't need to read your propaganda to make a decision, the numbers are right there...

if it's paused since 97... why isn't 97 and 99 in those numbers?

out of the top 5 hottest years, 2010 and 2009 and some of the hottest years on record? just "coincidence"?

EDIT: last year was not much larger... and regional variations do occur... I'm posing GLOBAL TEMPS...

with the exception of one outlier year in 98... all of our hottest years out of the top 13 hottest have occurred since 2001... 13 out of 13 years in the top 13?
03-24-2014, 10:37 AM

Yeah it's natural temperature changes.EDIT.@thenightofthezombieg,dude freaking Houston got snow in 2008,2009,and 2011...very rare...
03-24-2014, 10:43 AM

Anything to keep it alive and the money flowing, especially for politicians - Dem & Rep ! No one can control Mother Nature but leave it to politicians to profiteer from it & foolish people to believe anything any one else ( especially politicians ! ) tells them so politicians & others can, profiteer Wink !
03-24-2014, 10:47 AM

It is a one year trend. A 6 year old BBC article doesn't change that. What the article doesn't address is a reduction in sunlight cause by particulate matter (pollution) in the atmosphere reflecting sunlight into space. That has a cooling effect and has been documented by Israeli scientists. The net effect is that cooling trend counteracts the warming trend, resulting in an earth that is cooler than it would otherwise have been. It's like turning on a oven and leaving the door open slightly. The oven will still eventually get hot, it will just take longer.