This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am 27 and I have a great online small biz but I need help reaching actual VC. Any help in Houston?
03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
I am 27 and I have a great online small biz but I need help reaching actual VC. Any help in Houston?
My site is a pet related website and I don't have the startup funds that someone would need to build a small business I have invested about $2200.00 of my own money into the back-end development but, there is still so much more needed to make it the successful site know that it can and will be. I know that once I am in front of the right people I will no doubt impress and have many supporters for my innovative idea. This idea has been in development for about 18 months with a 23 page Biz plan and thorough research in my marketing geographic. I have been to SCORE, and a Biz Competition I even submitted to a biz competition and was denied I believe bc the site wasn't completed like I know it could be. Help!!! I am someone that did not study computer science nor do I know how to build programs. Its just me trying to get a great idea off the ground so please help myself and any fellow first-time entrepreneurs...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:13 AM

What you need is to make your site rank in the first or second page of the Search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc) where the customers are. Anywhere beyond the second page will not get you enough profit unless you couple your online efforts with offline promotion as well.

The way to go now is not to really "sell" to your customers but to establish a relationship with them and let them know how your products can solve their particular problems.

Most customers now go online or use their mobile phones in order to make purchases. It is best for you to create the right domain name, open an account in the Social Networking sites (Facebook, Twitter) under your business name, invest in a good online program that will give you support on how to make your site earn online and since you are in the US, a good mobile marketing program.

Before making any additional investments, look for free resources that can help you. After learning the right ways on how to let your pet related website make money online, then you can make an informed decision on where to make additional investments if needed.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply