This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will Nimbuzz work for us?! is it sort of like texting?
03-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Will Nimbuzz work for us?! is it sort of like texting?
Hi there *waves*

My friend and I (we are on opposite sides of the world) need a faster way to communicate.. we have been using gmail but argh! it's so annoying having to refresh my inbox a million times a day on my cell phone to check his replies.. also, writing emails on my cell phone is a lengthy process.. I want something faster (equivalent of texting) that will NOTIFY me (with a ringtone) when he messages me, and that I wont have to be refreshing all the time to view new messages..

After doing some searching on Google, I see there is an app called Nimbuzz which we can APPARENTLY both download onto our internet capable phones, then we can instant message each other throughout the day/night strait from our cell phones, as long as we both have data.. .

So, has anyone here actually used Nimbuzz? would it work for us, or have I got the idea of it completely wrong?

Neither of us have skype, facebook or twitter or anything like that, we are extremely reclusive and don't want to have anything to do with anything too social, if that makes any sense..

Thanks in advance for any answers you may have ^_^

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:15 AM

Depending on your phones operating system(os) there are diffrent choices.
As you said cell phone it sound like a cellular java phoneto me , so nimbuzz is the best choice for you , i have used it before and it does rings if you recive a message but your phone should support multi-tasking like symbian phones or if it doesnt you should leave the phone on the app all the times(if you leave your messages will be saved in app but no rings)
If you use android you can use viber , wechat ,etc...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply