This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am jealous of my boyfriend being in a band?
03-24-2014, 10:09 AM
I am jealous of my boyfriend being in a band?
Hi there,

No, not jealous of the female attention he gets, jealous of the fact he has this group, they are very close and always out writing music and having fun, and obviously i'm happy for him but i'm jealous because I want to be in something like that, maybe a band maybe not, but a tight-knit group where we are close, have lots of fun working on something and producing results.

I know the obvious answer is start a band or join a group but it isn't that simple, I can play a few instruments but I am incredibly shy and also not on the standard I should be to be in a band, i.e I can play songs but I am rubbish at writing my own and tend to mess up even simple ones if I am playing in front of someone.

As for the groups its a money issue, and also i'm not very good at a lot of things. I don't want to be in something like a knitting club, I want something that is challenging and maybe we'll have our own fans or audiences, I just feel like i'm being left behind whilst he is out there putting out albums and gathering more fans and gigs every day.

Thanks, sorry to sound like such a mope

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:12 AM

No way you can be in his own band? If not then just be yourself and take the obvious talent you have and channel it perhaps into more music lessons. Put yourself out there in some advert sections of music magazines. If you're on Twitter or Facebook get some info up on your profile that you would like to form a band. Some of the best bands formed through putting themselves out to the world. Be careful of people though. Get some money saved up. Instruments, etc.. Good luck http://www.ask.com/question/how-to-get-a-band-started

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:17 AM

I hear what you&#x27;re saying. And, women n your age group tend to not form tight groups like men do. I don&#x27;t have a good answer for you. Start inquiring of older women and ask for their idea. Do the other guys n his band have wives or GF&#x27;s ? Brain storm with them and see if they have a similar need. Also, if U live close to a University, make apts with older female professors n psychology, sociology or law and ask them for ideas. R U interested n politics at all. U mite look at involvement n a political party if U r. I hope this has helped. Keep searching and U will find an answer !!!!