This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you use facebook pages as evidence in court?
10-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Can you use facebook pages as evidence in court?
Ex claims he's not working but he has a whole client list and photos of his work on facebook, along with pictures of him actually working. He does work under the table and doesn't file taxes.

How do I prove to a court judge that he's actually working?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:05 PM

Please note I'm not 100% sure, but I found this on Wikipedia.
"Social network services are increasingly being used in legal and criminal investigations. Information posted on sites such as MySpace, Orkut and Facebook has been used by police and university officials to prosecute users of said sites."
Good luck, hope I helped!

Ads

You can probably use them. My boyfriend is on trial for something stupid and I've sent facebook messages to his lawyer to help him.

*edit: facebook messages from other people to him. off his account. printed off and sent.

Yes you can if they contain the date and time.

If the judge allows it, yes. It can absolutely be used, but is it going to help you? I don't know if that's enough proof. Facebook isnt's your day to day life and he might want to look like something other than a bum, who knows? From what you've stated I'd need more proof. I'm not sure what the judge will allow - why do you need to know if he's working? Is it for child support? Does he owe you something?

You might be able to file a motion for some type of discovery, but I'm not sure what that would allow you to do...

But yes, I remember reading about someone being sued for libel (successfully) because of facebook messages. It's like an email - it can be used. It was also used in the Casey Anthony trial. Along with Myspace.

Yes, It is used every day.