This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I the only person who hates social networking sites?
03-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Am I the only person who hates social networking sites?
Hey Smile this isn't a rant, but I am just curious. Am I the only one who can't stand facebook, twitter, instagram, etc? And I'm a teenager! I just hate seeing picture whores take ceiling shots of their cleavage then watching as they get a hundred likes. And this is every five seconds. I just got sick of only getting 5 likes maximum, by the same people, making me realize how unpopular I am. I actually think of it as a form of cyber bullying. Then getting friend requests by complete CREEPS that you don't know at all! So I just deleted every social networking profile I had bc I just got fed up. Okay, so maybe this sounds a little like a rant, but I just wanna know if there are any others who feel the same way Smile God Bless and thank you Smile no hate please! THANKS Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:14 AM

Out of 7 billion people in the whole world you are the only one. Sorry

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:21 AM

I don't hate them, I just don't use any of them because I think they are pointless. I prefer face to face interaction. And I'd rather not have 500 facebook "friends" when I only talk to like 10 of them.
03-24-2014, 10:25 AM

I do too its just like what's in my basement a bunch of little girls screaming for attention.
03-24-2014, 10:32 AM

yea I get you. I'm a teen too and I hate facebook. I deleted my facebook. I only have my yahoo account now.
03-24-2014, 10:39 AM

I hate them too! Had a facebook for about 5 minutes, decided it was stupid and deleted it. I had a twitter for a few hours, deleted it. Their just really stupid and a bunch of drama to me. People look at me like I'm crazy because I'm a 16 year old without a twitter, facebook, instagram, tumblr and whatever else they have out there. Don't feel bad, feel amazing because you were smart enough to realize how idiotic these networking sites really are.
03-24-2014, 10:46 AM

No you aren't the only one. I don't do facebook, twitter, etc. I know a lot of teens who aren't into it. It's rather narcissistic if you ask me. It is creepy. Y!A is safer and people can be anonymous if they want to be and yet have discussions like this one. I hate social networking big time. You are not alone. It is true that one billion people out of seven billion do this, but that only means we have 1 out of 7 people who have narcissistic tendencies. lol.
03-24-2014, 10:49 AM

No, you are not the only one.

I have never liked nor been interested in them.

I have never had an account with any social networking site. I prefer face to face interaction, I prefer photos to not be a permanent place on the interent and I don't need everyone knowing what I'm doing or not doing.

If I have things to say, I will email, text message, call or meet up with a person to talk, not post messages or post photos for all to read and see.
03-24-2014, 10:54 AM

Thank goodness. I thought I was the only one who hates social networking. All I use is yahoo and face-to-face interaction. Textings ok but sometimes it's confusing, and u can't tell if people are joking,angry,sad,happy,ect... IMing isn't my thing. Email's ok.
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM

Most of the Facebook and Social networking sites are nothing but:
1. Popularity contests

2. For the people who like brag about their life and post the stupidest stuff that they find entertaining

3. For "picture whores" to get the attention that they are MISSING in real life or to get uncalled for attention

4. Creeps looking for someone to stalk/add..cos they find a person's profile picture or profile intriguing.

5. Wastes too much time.

I'm sure there are many good things about the sites too..but for me, the negatives outweigh the positives.