This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Muslims: is it okay to post photos on Instagram?
03-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Muslims: is it okay to post photos on Instagram?
So I just made an Instagram and posted a pic of me (it was modest) and it got a few likes and people started following me.
Males and females but some of them were commenting stuff like 'hot' and stuff

Is it ok to post pics of ur self I don't wear the hijab btw

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:19 AM

Well at least give us a taste! Sure its ok thats what its all about.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:24 AM

obviously no
why would you want guys to ogle you
the ones saying 'hot' were men
guess why they were saying 'hot' and what they were thinking
03-24-2014, 10:29 AM

This is a freedom you have living in the west and you seem to not appreciate it....

You have a choice - do not ask others...

If you want to follow Islam - then it is a poor choice...

If you want to follow the freedom of the country you live in you have two choices...

If you choose to post a picture of yourself, hajib or not, you can expect comments like you mentioned but also expect rude and crude comments as well... from both muslim and non-muslims...

The choice is yours... but in todays society if is better to be careful what you post and keep photos to a minimum to avoid harasment or misunderstood comments...

Instagram can be fun but can be harsh...

Errr on the side of caution...
03-24-2014, 10:31 AM

It is fine as long as you out your account to private and only accept girls. But if you are dressed modestly then it is fine to men on there as well
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM

Sister surely it cannot be modest enough without hijab. That&#x27;s why Allah sent the hijab for you. Because he said the hijab is what is modest, it&#x27;s also what prophet muhammad SAW said too.
03-24-2014, 10:38 AM

no
03-24-2014, 10:46 AM

That's exactly how I see it, they're doing it to identify them. "Actions are according to intentions."
As soon as muslims understand that hadith, we will all stop judging other people and it'll probably be a better world. You can never know someone's intentions. So leave it Allah (swt) to do the judging because He is best of all judges.
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM

You know aswel as we all do, it is not OK. You are not Muslim, or else you would know. If you are then I suggest you practise your religion Islam more wisely and carefully as we don't expose ourselves to the public for amusement and desires.
03-24-2014, 11:03 AM

Salam Of course it is okay to post your own photos on Instagram because only hand drawing of alive creatures is haram or not allowed