This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it weird for a teenager not to be into Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr, etc.?
03-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Is it weird for a teenager not to be into Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr, etc.?
I know this question is kinda pointless and unnecessary, but I've been slightly obsessing over it for the past few weeks and I just feel like I need closure.

I'm a 14 year old girl, and I don't do any of the social media sites like Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat or whatever....I have got a Facebook, but I haven't been on it for months :/

Is this weird or pathetic or nerdy? I'm not really a popular kid at school, I have like a few friends who I'm close with and that's it. I do find a lot of people my age...aha...frustrating. Especially other girls.

Am I missing out, and should I make the effort to socialize online more? It just seems so boring to me. All Facebook is is girls posting selfies of themselves doing that dumb duckface with the squished up lips. And then she gets about a hundred comments like "OMGEE your so booootiful!!!!!! <3 <3 <3"

Haha, sorry, touchy subject :/ I guess I never really did much on Facebook cause I wasn't really in with the "popular crowd". But it always seemed dull.

Anyways, any answers appreciated Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:18 AM

You are NOT weird. A person keeps to herself or makes friends very selectively perhaps, but weird no way. So relax enjoy life do things that really make you feel great.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:25 AM

Its not wierd. A lot of my friends (im 15 btw) dont have facebook or other social network sites cause it not their thing i guess aha
03-24-2014, 10:34 AM

Oh Hi, I'm 14 too, but I'm a boy. I don't use any social networking site, not even Facebook. There is nothing wrong with it. Virtual life is not as good as real life. Plus, online social networks aren't safe for teenager girls either. Try making friends at sites like this one. I guess we can be friends too. My e-mail: Prince.1730@nokiamail.com
03-24-2014, 10:36 AM

No, it's too mainstream to have it because lots of people have it
03-24-2014, 10:43 AM

In all honestly I think it&#x27;s probably a good thing you don&#x27;t have any of those they&#x27;re all such a big waste of time and I wish I&#x27;d have realised this earlier! I&#x27;m 18 and in my last year of school before university and I recently deleted all my accounts except Facebook and I have a lot more time to focus on family&#x2F;boyfriend&#x2F;friends&#x2F;studies,

Please don&#x27;t become a sheep and join up to all these sites like I did, you&#x27;re far from weird in fact I think it&#x27;s pretty cool of you to not give in to peer pressure!