This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think my mom is overprotective/annoying?
03-24-2014, 10:17 AM
Do you think my mom is overprotective/annoying?
I think she is, just wondering what you guys think.

-No facebook, twitter, or texting because she thinks it is eliminating social skills
-If a friend or family member calls me she stands right next to me and listens to me on the phone
-I can't go to the mall or movies without her being there
-She makes me buy clothing in the sizes large or extra large meanwhile I'm a small or medium because she wants me to be able to wear it forever
-I can only wear white bras, I think its the dumbest thing ever
-She doesn't want me to use heat on my hair meanwhile I have low self esteem b/c of my hair
-She stands there and watches me brush my teeth
-She stands outside the shower because she thinks I'll fall and crack my head open

By the way I'm fifteen.

Thanks for answering.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:18 AM

Yep that sounds pretty paranoid to me. She needs to loosen up!

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:20 AM

cause she cares about u and females need to have babies, no females and earth will not exist anymore
03-24-2014, 10:21 AM

Wow that's really overprotective. Maybe you should just talk to her about it and see if she agrees to fall back a little.
03-24-2014, 10:25 AM

Yes she is definitely overprotective. Maybe you should try to talk to her about it. She might not realize what she is doing.
03-24-2014, 10:33 AM

tell her i did all thease things when i was 11 and i still can and im only 13 whats with the white bra thing thats just crazy
03-24-2014, 10:40 AM

She sounds way over protective and realy realy annoying and the next time you talk to her tell her that she needs to quit doing the things she does
03-24-2014, 10:47 AM

i'm also 15, and my mom NEVER lets me go to parties because they're too "sketchy" and she has to know where i am and who i'm with all the time. we got the same problem sister. btw yes i do agree that your mom just needs to chill out every now and then, that seems very extreme. like i said, my mom is also VERY tough and ALL my friends hate her, but she doesn't even compare to that
03-24-2014, 10:51 AM

I can understand a few of these things such as white bras and no facebook, however throughout the rest of them she is treating you like a 4 you're year old. You said she thinks facebook would eliminate social skills but so would listening in on any phone conversations between you and your friends. Also at age fifteen it is ridiculous to stand outside your shower and watch you brush your teeth. Your mom is certainly overprotective, and you need to talk with her about you think you should be able to do. What does your dad say? It sounds to me like she wants you to be forever dependent on her.
03-24-2014, 10:53 AM

Yes! its weird she probably has good intentions and is trying to help , but you should just tell her straight that being that overbearing is actually working against you.