This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
We don't know each other but have lots of mutual friends, is it weird to send him a friend request?
03-24-2014, 10:18 AM
We don't know each other but have lots of mutual friends, is it weird to send him a friend request?
There is a guy who goes to my university, he is totally gorgeous and I see him around a lot. I would really like to get to know him on a deeper level but I just can't bring myself to approach him in fear of seeming desperate. Myself and my friends often catch him looking at me but the problem is that I'm always with my male best friend who appears to be my boyfriend to those who don't know him.

My male best friend told me that chances are the guy I like hasn't approached me because he thinks I'm in a relationship. However last week he did walk right across the room to ask myself and my friend if we had a lighter even though there was other people to ask. We have quite a few friends in common so would it be weird if I sent him a friend request on Facebook so he could see that on my profile I'm 100% single?

Any ideas please?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:27 AM

Just ask him

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:34 AM

Not much you do on Facebook matters on a personal level anymore.

Adding him to Facebook wouldnt be weird, because now, most Facebook users will accept anyone and either never talk to them and wait for them to message them, or try to find out who they are.

If you feel that is the best method for you, then feel free to add him, and message him on Facebook until you can hang out in person. As long as you have enough mutual friends in common, then he wouldnt just assume your another random person who found him in the "Suggested Friends" section and thought "what the hell".