This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My conversation is very undeveloped?
03-24-2014, 10:18 AM
My conversation is very undeveloped?
By recollecting many social memories from my life, I noticed something very disturbing - I can't talk to people on my own.
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with self esteem or charisma, it just seems like nothing comes up that's fitting for conversation when I'm talking to people.
Of course, if I'm talking to someone who I've known for a while, I can develop more complex conversations with them which are far beyond "small talk", but the small talk phase is what gets me - I can't maintain a conversation with a person I know nothing about, and the matter of fact is, most people don't reveal any worthwhile information about themselves to people they aren't sufficiently familiar with.
What's weird is, I seem to be a lot more talkative if I have someone "backing me up" - a third extension to a dialogue - I gather that since there's a lot more conversation going on between three people than than does between two, I have more space to insert myself into the conversation.
On the other hand, I know a couple of guys who can talk to anyone in the world without knowing a thing about them. One of them seems to have an answer to everything, while the other one speaks his mind freely without censoring himself or feeling shame, which means that he says a lot of dumb and inappropriate things, but people around him seem to easily accept that.
Me, on the other hand, my brain is full of static when talking to people. It's not that I'm shy or anything ,it's just that there's nothing to say.
Perhaps I could partially explain this nuisance with the fact that I never watch any T.V., don't watch/read the news and hardly ever watch any movies, as I am much more entertained by video games, as a choice of digital media...
It really bothers me that I can't converse with my peers and that someone has to really go my way in order to invoke a lasting conversation.
Can anyone suggest any solutions to this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:24 AM

I can talk to anyone I love talking like a waterfall. Once I was like you, but I just hated when other people talked, I thought it was nonsense and meaningless Tongue but when i grew older i saw it was a social need and kinda adapted to it. I started talking about small stuff happend to me in the past week. maybe you can find a intrest in people. many people like compliment and like to be noticed be an open book and people will find a intrest in you. Maybe talk about a movie or a crise anything that is happening in your life that you can relate to. You can be in control of a talk but you can also be a listener and try to take an intrest in what people say even tho you maybe dont have that intrest but it can develope. I love to talk just to talk if you see something comment it and someone maybe feel the same way and they will comment dont be closed minded. Also mimic also helps allot wave with your hands smile and say your meaning without thinking what people think. If you think that people "says a lot of dumb and inappropriate things" maybe thats why you cant talk yourself because you think they will be judgemental and think the same talk without shame but dont talk over yourself smile and laugh and don't talk down or up to people talk to them as if you would talk to an equal. + eye contact is very important

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply