This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do some parents name their kids really stupid names?
03-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Why do some parents name their kids really stupid names?
I mean seriously...Talulah Doesthe Hula? Hashtag? Adolph Hitler (not the original)? Tyquifa? SERIOUSLY??

Money, Vegas, SHADY, Rambo? Abass??

Are they TRYING to screw their kids up or something??

I assume it is the need for attention. Whats your opinions?
Im all for meaningful/creative naming. Within reason. I don't think naming your kid Burger or "Ryske" quite falls into this category.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:28 AM

Immature people who name their children in such ways should not be allowed to breed.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:29 AM

Some people are not very creative. But they don't want to name their kid something common. Like josh or Matt. So they try to be different and that's when their creativeless minds screw up their kids
03-24-2014, 10:37 AM

In Australia, there was a very sad and unfortunate case of parents who named their baby "Violence." Dumb people should not breed.
03-24-2014, 10:43 AM

They just want to be different. It's there child let them do what they want to do with them. I mean maybe they hate the other names , so they want to name them names like that. I mean I hate my name, and its a Greek god name, but spelled different. I mean maybe they just want they kids to be outside of the crowd. Instead of meeting the same people with the same name. Just saying.
03-24-2014, 10:52 AM

People want to be different
I can understand something like Landyn but Lahndyne is rediculous as well as Apple or Money
I can also understand my name: Jaylie it's just like Taylie or Haylie except a little different and less common
03-24-2014, 10:53 AM

It's tradition!!! U didnt know ?

For example: Qui'Qui
Rhonda
Charmika
De'quadranae
Quintavius
La'shawn
Securitti (yes 😔)
Lexus
Diamond
Neveah (ugh)
Aiden , Brayden jayden kayden etc
'Quisha
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM

I do not have any idea why name your kid "money". Weird names I have heard about is "Nosmoking", "Lemonjello" and "Orangejello". If its said with the right accent, it does not sound as terrible, but the names are all related to something that the mother looked at during labor- a "no smoking" sign, lemon jello, and orange jello. It was naming associated to a religion. I think the superficial names come from trying to be creative knowing there is not likely to be another kid with the same first name and keeping with the parents personal interest with a fad. Really, I prefer naming to how the parents hope their children's personality would be as they grow up or what the child represents to them.
03-24-2014, 10:59 AM

I think the need for attention might come into play, or possibly, they just don't care.
03-24-2014, 11:04 AM

Well, either they genuinely like those names or they're just plain a-holes but somehow I don't think someone could genuinely like Hashtag as a name.,.