This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I get traced by IP?
03-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Can I get traced by IP?
On Twitter. Well basically, in my school a kid created a fake account about another kid, so I decided to make another fake account about the kid. I posted some stuff, nothing that bad just pretending to be the kid. Then, his mum gets in touch. I feel bad, but then she gets in touch with the account again and says she will call the police in 30 minutes, I saw this 10 minutes afterwards so I closed the account. I originally used a proxy to open the account when I made it but then used my original so if they do somehow find it it will have two IPs. Anyway, I am wondering, if she did actually call the police after I closed the account, could she still get it? It's gone now. But she said she has called the police and is 'gonna find how who was using the account through their IP address'.

Apparently, the server IP is Twitters IP that they give you, and Twitter allows you to keep your anonymity, and this privacy cannot be broken unless you do something extreme that isn't classified as petty cyberbully, because the police have much more things to do like solve crimes, right? This account was only open for a few hours, didn't breach his privacy it was just harsh banter.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:24 AM

The police will track someone only if they believe laws were broken. If you broke no laws you have nothing to worry about. Here's a tip though: don't be a dick on the Internet.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply