This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is facebook asking for my cell phone number tonight?! How do I contact facebook?
03-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Why is facebook asking for my cell phone number tonight?! How do I contact facebook?
Tonight when I logged into facebook, I received this message "Confirm your identity: To continue, we need you to provide your mobile phone number. This quick security check helps keep Facebook a community of real people who connect and share using their real identities. If you ever lose your password, you'll also be able to use your mobile number to access your account."

I am NOT giving facebook my cell phone number. Also, I have heard other people say you can get around this by giving them your credit card number. This is DEFINITELY an invasion of privacy and facebook has gone too far.

Anyway, I want to know how I can contact facebook. Every time I try, I get some stupid forum where OTHER users can answer my questions. I want to send a message straight to facebook...Any ideas?

Note: It won't let me log on anymore without giving my cell number.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:24 AM

This is crap and you have every right to RAGE. This is a terrible invasion of our privacy. Facebook sells information to advertisers and governments and user privacy is an afterthought.

If you have ever read their user agreement, you will realize just how bad it is getting. Even with the supposed "protections", they freely bend their own rules. How many times have they had to apologize for letting a whole bunch of information out? Exactly. They can't be trusted.

We can live without facebook. Call them up and tell them to go fark themselves. It's time to go class-action-lawsuit or full-bore protest.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:34 AM

The same thing happened to me tonight and av sent them about four messages. I got one response saying they cant deal with every bug on facebook and to take a screen shot and send it back to them. Of course i didn't because I think facebook has gone too far now and i am pissed. They really need to eff off, i just want to delete my account asap!