This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it an overreaction by Sir Richard Hadlee?
03-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Is it an overreaction by Sir Richard Hadlee?
or do you think he is justified in criticizing Brett Lee for his rather aggressive bowling at Piers Morgan during the lunch break yesterday?

"I only hope that Brett takes a few minutes to reflect on his stupidity - this was a brain explosion of the highest order - it was a deliberate attempt to hit, injure, hurt and maim his opponent that I viewed as a form of grievous bodily harm or a human assault that could have proved fatal," Hadlee wrote for Fairfax NZ News.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8777125

Haven't watched it myself but what do you think?

Can the ICC even do anything to Brett Lee as called for by Hadlee?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:22 AM

he agreed to it, this would be such a legal nightmare that I hope that CA or the ICC would have the good sense not to go there.

Yes, it's a bit strong.

Edit: It just shows how difficult it is for a layman to face a top class fast bowler. For the first delivery he actually gets on the front foot and takes two paces forward! The rest of the time he's either falling down or taking a pace or two to the leg side.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:27 AM

Morgan was the one bagging everyone and wanted the challenge, if he got hurt, bad luck.
03-24-2014, 10:28 AM

The fat bastard will wear it like a badge of honor. He got what he asked for.
03-24-2014, 10:36 AM

Hadlee's probably just sore he didn't get to bowl himself.

Is it even possible to kill someone when they've got all the protective gear on?
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM

Hadlee is right probably but what kind of ball were they using. If it wasn't a hard cricket ball then the probable dangers would be less.
03-24-2014, 10:51 AM

Morgan was the one who wanted to take on Brett Lee in fact he originally said he would bat for 30 minutes in the nets against Lee, subsequently downgraded to one over. No one forced him to do it so Hadlee can pull his head in.
03-24-2014, 10:56 AM

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/4...72/photo/1
https://twitter.com/BrettLee_58/status/4...21/photo/1

These pictures say it all. Actually it started by Morgan, and he was not new to Cricket. He played club crickets and even scored hundred. So I would say Richard Hadlee is overreacted. The loud mouth Morgan got what he deserved.