This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to handle a rude friend who is sick.?
03-24-2014, 10:20 AM
How to handle a rude friend who is sick.?
My friend asked me yesterday if we could take a walk. I said yes. I also said I had much to do but a walk was fine. We agreed at 2 pm. I showered and had wet hair. She called and asked if she could come at 11.30 because she was down town with nothing to do. She convinced me to say yes by her arguments. And she said she was read or something while I could work. I made my bed, and hurried to get ready. She comes and hell starts! She goes to my room with her back pack, I make some tea and while the water boiled I asked how she was. She started talking non stop about herself. Then her phone rang and she left me alone in the kitchen. She went to my office/ bed room and had a 15 mins long conversation. She talked non stop and made plans with the person for weeks ahead. I watched tv on mute with my tea. Then she hung up and we started working. She had her computer and started asking me for wireless which I dont have, she looked through my books and asked to high light some chapters in one of them. She asked to borrow it too. She asked for pencils and pens. She was in and out of my bed and my phone which is new fell to the floor. She did not seem to care. She asked for pillows and cigarets. Her tea got cold and she asked for more. I asked her to help herself. Then she forgets the milk on the stove and I remind her because of the smell. She runs in and out. She asked if I wanted coffe, and I said..eeeh, weelll..just a bit thanks. And then she came with a big jar only for me and she had used ALL my coffe. We started talking since I could not concentrate at all. My mom sent me a message and she grabs my phone to check who it is. I get it and replies. Then we talk some more, and only about her new date. She talks non stop. She wanted to show me pics on the computer and she ends up sitting with my computer for a lot of time because she had 10 unanswered messages on facebook. I ask it back to work. I start writing again and she starts talking on the phone explaing a person that she doesnt have internet. I end up asking if we might as well could walk right away. Then she told me " I don't feel like it any more " I got so angry, but kept it inside. She suggested that we could cook. I cooked while she sat in my office with my computer using facebook non stop. She puts on her own spotify list and her songs play. She starts singing, dancing, " helping me", and writing on my computer. My personal computer. She distracted me so much, grabbing my arms, grabbing my phone to take pictures, moving in and out of my room, the bathroom, grabbing my neighbours things, talking about herself, asking me for things. I was about to kick her out. I got distracted and the food got burned. I had served her some cake she had asked for a week to try. I had saved her piece but she bearly touched it. Then the food. She did not bother to come when I told her to pick up her plate. I served her. And she was only infront of my computer all the time. I watched tv and my head was boiling. Then she tells me she doesn't want food after all. I asked her what she was doing on my computer, and I see she has a new word document open. She tells me she is working!!! I said I had things to do and asked her to leave. She made herself one more cup of tea. On purpose she postponed to leave. Then I was stuck with the dishes and I notice she has used things of my neighbour that needs to be cleaned too. She offers to clean, but the dish that I prepared food in got damaged. Finally I walked her out and she kept on talking about herself. She had made plans for the next coming hours so she went straight to another friend's house. I don't want to see this friend of mine again. She ruined my Sunday. She got more things done on my computer than myself, I did not get any fresh air in any day light, I ate when I was not hungry and the food got ruined, and my phone got a big hit, and me a big head ache. How do people handle these people? I know it is sorry for her, but it is very hard to feel sorry when she acts so selfish and rude. She is bipolar.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:27 AM

You are describing a one-sided relationship (not a friendship). You appear to be doing all the giving and she is doing all the taking...time to end this "friendship".

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:33 AM

Just don't respond to her when she tries to contact you again. She'll eventually get the point. She sounds like a really crappy person so I don't blame you for not wanting to be friends with her anymore.