This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Restaurant booking rudeness?
03-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Restaurant booking rudeness?
I wanted to book a table at a local restaurant in Dublin for my birthday. I follow them on Twitter and they have an offer on for followers -

Tweet us with date,time (12,2,4,6,8pm),no of ppl (max4) including #tweetseats in ur request & u eat for free if slot is available. 24hrs notice needed

I did just this, twice, before the 24 hr period but got no reply. I then tweeted that I was disappointed they didn't get back to me, and they replied with - "Get your s**t together and request in time."

Is it just me or is that rather rude? Especially on a public forum like Twitter...
I have since emailed the owner who gave me a very backhanded 'I can see how someone could be offended by this! kind pf reply. I replied explaining that it really put a dampener on my birthday nd that no professional establishment should talk to potential customers that way, asking him for his thoughts. He hasn't replied...

I feel I should take it further but don't know what to do. Maybe I should just man up...?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:30 AM

No, I think you are right to think that way, because that is definitely rude, no restaurant or anything that is trying to sell things to their customer's should speak like that, I think you should complain to someone else, idk who, because I can't think of anyone higher than the owner of the actual restaurant, but you should maybe take this further

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:36 AM

yes
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM

First, I'll admit I don't use twitter, but this sounds like a marketing ploy to get people's twitter accoutn name. No one in their right mind would give away a possible 20 meals a day as a promotion If I were you, I would retweet his answer to everyone and let them know, politely, that the owner never got back to you after the first contact.
03-24-2014, 10:45 AM

hey, i always used socialscube.com to get more twitter followers and is working great, you should try it.