This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to be friends with a girl but I don't know what to say other than "hi"?
03-24-2014, 10:22 AM
I want to be friends with a girl but I don't know what to say other than "hi"?
There's this girl at my school who's nice and pretty and I want to be friends with her and get to know her better. I'm a shy person in school who doesn't really have any friends. I've talked to her several times on Facebook and real life and the only conversations we have is saying "Hi" other than that she just ignores me like everyone else. I want to say something else other than "hi" and actually get into a REAL conversation. What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:26 AM

Sometimes Hi is all it takes. Don't put so much pressure on yourself.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:29 AM

Does she wear anything band or music related? Lots of people love showing what kind of music they listen to and you never know, you both might find out you like the same band or something. You could also ask her for some help on homework if need be. That usually makes a conversation out of itself.
03-24-2014, 10:33 AM

I just found common ground with this girl one day in class by asking her for help with my photography work and by the second time I'd asked, we just started making small talk that led and getting on well and now we're pretty good friends.

Basically, I just found a valid excuse to get her to talk to me a couple of times and we just clicked, also, if after say, the 3rd/4th attempt, maybe give up, 'forcing' a friendship never worked for me anyway.