This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what breed is my cat?
03-24-2014, 10:23 AM
what breed is my cat?
He is Large muscular body with long legs. either foreign or semi foreign.
he has almond shaped yet large eyes with round pupils and medium sized ears that have round tips.
I would say he has high cheek bones and a medium sized muzzle and he likes to meow a lot.
his face looks like an Egyptian Mau but he doesn't have spots. he has a solid gray body with white stomach and chest and legs and a long gray tail with white on the tip.
he is social but not a cuddler
we rescued him and he might be a mut but i can't figure out what breeds he might me mixed with

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:28 AM

Its always really hard to tell with a mutt. If you have a picture of him it would be a lot easier. I can tell yoj that my mutts have some munchkin in them c: So maybe I can be more help if you post a picture!

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:34 AM

Cats aren't like dogs when it comes to breeds. Either you have a purebred or you have a mutt ("American short hair"/"American long hair"). Not that you should despair for this. Mixed breed animals are much healthier than purebred, as mixed breeding stirs up the gene pool. For example, in dog breeds, great danes are sadly very prone to bloat (which can be fatal), pugs are likely to have breathing problem, and labs often develop hip dysplasia. Because these traits are a part of the breed, they are bred down the line and worsened throughout the generations. A mixed breed would be less likely to suffer from these because the genes would not be passed so directly.
03-24-2014, 10:41 AM

Probably no breed and very unlikely "mixed" with anything. Less than 3% of cats on this planet are a breed and breeders tend to sell their kittens altered. You have a domestic shorthair - no breed or mix jut like the other 97% of cats.

Felecia - the American Shorthair is a specific breed of pedigreed cat and there's no such thing as an American Longhair. The correct term is DOMESTIC shorthair or longhair.
03-24-2014, 10:46 AM

He&#x27;s just an EM without the spots or stripes, that breed of cat doesn&#x27;t always come with those markings, but if the face and eyes look like an EM then he probably is one
03-24-2014, 10:51 AM

You probably you have a colorpoint short hair