This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why do many liberals equate free market capitalism and libertarianism to somalia?
03-24-2014, 10:25 AM
why do many liberals equate free market capitalism and libertarianism to somalia?
libertarians do not believe in the initiation of force to achieve social or economic things. free market capitalism relies upon voluntary transactions. not only does somalia have a dominant government, but there are many other factions and groups that are using force in an attempt to gain more power for themselves. and things are routinely stolen there and crime is rampant. i do not see how this eqautes to free market capitalism or libertarianism. can anyone help me?
unulating iraq- libertarians do not advocate the use of force to achieve social or economic things, you yourself said somalians fight with each other constantly, obviously, they are not libertarians. so how are the actions of that country proving that libertarianism will not work?
webothknowyouwantme- when did we give deregulation a try? for the first 200 years of america when we grew from a no nothing colony to the strongest most prosperous nation on earth?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:29 AM

Do we? I would have thought Dickensian England was a better indication of the end state you guys advocate.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:39 AM

Perhaps you can Google a Somalian and ask him. I do not quite understand question.
03-24-2014, 10:48 AM

because somalia is pure chaos and anarchy,just like libertarianism. things need to be controlled,or else we end up like somalia.

we have given libertarianism(de-regulation) a try and look what its gotten us.
03-24-2014, 10:57 AM

Because it helps them make their point. It defends their argument, they know most people will not know, or research the reasons for their poverty. Most people would never find out they have a corrupt government and high crime.

No one says that there should be no law enforcement. Why would you ever relate that to free market economy, first person to answer.

EDIT:
Hey, We Both know you want me, do some research. It was not deregulation that caused the economic crash it was actually previously instated regulations. This should help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZVw3no2A4

EDIT:
Critical..., I'm glad someone else understands. Thanks for the bit of intelligence and logic.
03-24-2014, 11:06 AM

because they don't know the difference between anarchy and free market capitalism

libertarians believe in protecting life, liberty, and property, so stealing, cheating, and strong arm tactics are not rewarded, but punished