This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I delete my Facebook account?
03-24-2014, 10:25 AM
How can I delete my Facebook account?
not just disable it or make it dormant, I mean totally eradicate my Facebook account

not just disable it or make it dormant, I mean totally eradicate my Facebook account

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:34 AM

You can't. You can disable it, but they will retain the information. The only way to do it is compromise the system and do it yourself, or take Mark Zuckerberg hostage.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:39 AM

this is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php...te_account
03-24-2014, 10:41 AM

Fbk is the new government who stxxl privacy information from anyone who are willingly to give them out and use it for data mining.
You can disable it.
03-24-2014, 10:49 AM

03-24-2014, 10:52 AM

The answer is that you can't. Well not yet anyways.

The Canadian privacy commission took Facebook on, on all their privacy violations, such as not being able to delete your account and told them they had to change or basically not be able to offer Facebook in Canada. So now Facebook, worldwide, is changing all these privacy issues to be compliant with Canadian law.

This is very recent and their deadline to change their practices is by next summer. So until then you can only deactivate your account unfortunately.

Edit: it looks like Facebook is ahead of the game and has provided the Delete account option before their deadline. Will has the link there.