This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For people who have both Twitter and Facebook accounts..?
03-24-2014, 10:25 AM
For people who have both Twitter and Facebook accounts..?
I have a Facebook account and has a privacy setting that differs from adults cos I'm under 18 even though I'm almost 18..And I have a Twitter account which which is tweet-protected..
I'm wondering if there is an app on Facebook where you can send your tweets from your Facebook profile to to your Twitter account that allows these settings (without the tweets having to be public and restricting the over 18 settings on Facebook)
If so can you paste the link in the comments or tell me what it's called and I'll search for it, either way doesn't phase me, thanks Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM

The lowest level app there is that includes twitter and facebook chat is Bitlbee

You can installa bitlbee server or simply connect to one using IRC . testing.bitlbee.org

If you have any notions in programming , you can use c# (microsoft visual c#) which is absolutely free.
And SmartIrc4net DLL for irc client connectivity.

If you combine those things you can pretty much make anything you want for making facebook to twitter communications possible

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:41 AM

Okay, I have to laugh at this question just because it so beautifully demonstrates the goofy nomenclature and jargon in our industry - and I completely understand you too, which is just scary! For those that aren't sure what the heck we're talking about, a "Tweet" is a status update on the popular "micro-blogging" site Twitter.

I have been wondering about how to set this up too, particularly when sometimes I connect to Facebook just to find out that all the status change messages from my friends are Tweets that I've already seen through my own Twitterfeed. Honestly, I don't like it: if I wanted to see their Twitter updates, I'd be following them on Twitter.

The secret is to go to the Twitter application within the Facebook world. Here's a convenient shortcut: apps.facebook.com/twitter/.

The key link there is the box labelled "Want Twitter to update your Facebook status?"
If you're really ready to unleash this on your Facebook pals, check "Allow Twitter to update my status without notifying me" and then click on "Authorize Twitter".

That's all there is to it. Now when you Twitter, you'll get those updates appearing in Facebook. For example: "Dave is twittering: So much for good movies. I'm watching " Killers from outer space" with Peter Graves. 1951? 1952? OOhhh it's sooooo B- movie. :-)."

This also aptly demonstrates the problem with this system: Facebook status updates for the Facebook community are likely to be quite different to the Tweets you send to your Twitter followers. I would never have a Facebook status update that demonstrates my gawdawful taste in late night movies, but on Twitter it's par for the course and indeed, I constantly receive amusing comments from my friends about my knowledge of cinema and how it contrasts with the movies I actually watch.
03-24-2014, 10:45 AM

as a man of 66 I cant give you an answer full of computer talk (thank God!) I can only advise you from my personal experience of the awful Facebook.you have to be 13 to have an account,not 18. Its up to you if you let others restrict what you do at almost 18? I would keep a million miles away from those "apps" which can take your password and goodness what else.If you has a secure connection you would not be able to use any of the apps-get one.