This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm wanting to write to someone in the military without having to pay for it. Where can I go to find this?
03-24-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm wanting to write to someone in the military without having to pay for it. Where can I go to find this?
I've been looking for a site to find a soldier to be a pen pal with without having to pay for it. I'm not in a position to "adopt" a soldier, but want to write. How can i find where to go to be able to do this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:37 AM

Unfortunately I think that wouldn't be very safe for the service member.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:39 AM

Samantha, if you're remotely decent looking all you have to do is stand in front of any military installation for about 30 seconds and someone will hit on you. Guaranteed. Instant pen pal. BAM!!!
03-24-2014, 10:47 AM

Right here:

http://adoptaplatoon.org/site/?page_id=17

You can choose just to be a pen pal
03-24-2014, 10:48 AM

I would not recommend any internet sites, including social media such as Facebook, to find a military pen pal. If you skim this section of YA you will find many stories about scammers posing as service members, who are just looking to separate you from your money. If there is a military base nearby, contact either the chapel or the USO - both should have phone numbers in the book - and see if they have any programs like the one you are looking for.
03-24-2014, 10:51 AM

i am in the navy so if you are still looking for a pen pal would love to chat