This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do i keep getting jealous of other people's happiness? are they really happy?
03-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Why do i keep getting jealous of other people's happiness? are they really happy?
I only get jealous of people's genuine happiness, not people who pretend or try to act happy. There is this person i follow on twitter, she is my role model, my idol, she seems to be the happiest person in the world. she is very friendly, sweet and very beautiful. she has great family, friends and a bf. she has everything. Everytime she is very joyful i get really jealous. not a sign of stress or depression from her face or body language. i get so jealous and wish i was her. When she does have problems as i can see from her twitter/facebook it makes me feel better. but the problems are so little. the thing is that she always says how thankful or special she is the life god has given her. she always says something similar to that like every week. this is making me really angry kinda, what if she is lying? i read a story about a guy who had everything in the outside, everyone thought he was the happiest guy in the world, in the end he commited suicide because he was so empty inside. do you think she is empty inside? why would someone keep saying how perfect and lucky their life is? i really look up to this person for her happiness, but in the same time jealous and wonder if maybe she is lying. i am all over the place, i love and hate her!
but i really look up to her, that's the thing. and i am very happy for her. i'm not a rude person. i just...i really dont know. i just wish i had a life like her. i am not going to do anything rude. i am just sad that i wish i had her life. i am happy that she has a good life. i really dont know whats wrong with me, thats why im asking this question

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:32 AM

Perhaps if you stopped worrying about others and concentrated on your own happiness, this wouldn't be an issue.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:34 AM

you might av self confident issues
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM

Check out any perfectionist qualities that might be causing unhappiness

and good treatments to remedy on.

Moodgym ANU

Free too.

Good Luck.

Best Wishes.

Mars Mission Soon In A Galaxy Near Yours..

Source(s):

Studies..
03-24-2014, 10:36 AM

I would recommend looking for some voluntary work - stop thinking about yourself and delete your twit account and consider others for a change. I guarantee you will find people an awful lot worse off than yourself and you might actually find some (real) happiness through selflessness in the process.
03-24-2014, 10:41 AM

I believe that you are not a rude or hateful person. I think that you are only searching for something that most of the world is searching for. We are all looking for happiness in our lives only to feel disappointed when we do not seem to find it. I believe that if you do not experience the bad things in life, you will never truly be able to appreciate the good.

You talk about this girl that you follow on twitter. She seems happy to you, she seems to have everything sorted out in life. Maybe she does, maybe she doesn't. I think the simple fact that she inspires you should be enough. So what if she is lying, she at least has been able to provide you with enough hope to keep searching for that happiness that you are so desperately looking for. Perhaps she is not as happy as she says she is, maybe thins is her way of hanging onto the hope and dream of living a fulfilled life. This is her way of keeping a positive attitude towards all the wrong that the world seems to offer. If you believe that you will have a good day, the changes of having a good day are that much stronger.

Stop focusing on her happiness so much and start living for your own. Start with small things that make you happy, little things that make you smile or giggle or reflect positively on.
You are the only one that has the ability to change your mind set and your life.

Don't be jealous of other peoples fortunes, focuss on being truly happy for someone else and you will find that that happiness will rubs off when you are no longer thinking of the negative.

Your smile could be the one thing that stands between someone Else's hope of being happy. Start small and the bit by bit the bigger picture will fall into place.
Just keep in mind that life is not perfect and will always throw some rotten eggs your way. Are you going to cry about it? Or will you see the fun side and use them for a practical joke? Only you can decide.