This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do women find me attractive, but won't date me?
03-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Why do women find me attractive, but won't date me?
First off, I understand that looks aren't everything. But I'm 6'3 205 pounds, I work out, I have a good sense of fashion, and I'm very athletic. I'm a junior in High School and I constantly hear these attractive girls say things like "Wow! He so cute!", "He's gorgeous!" When girls pass me in the hall they say "Hi" or just say my name in like a cute way. I've had people tell me that lots of girls find me attractive. Personality: I'm pretty funny, not really outgoing; more quiet, but not shy. I have no problem talking to girls. I have my friends that I talk to, but I won't talk to anyone if I don't want to. This really gives people the impression that I'm shy, but in fact I'm just a quiet person.
Most High School/College Students want a girlfriend/boyfriend really bad. But the mistake I think I've made is that (this sounds stupid) I have made myself "untouchable" because I may be attractive but I've never taken the opportunity to date a girl or text a girl, I've never had any form of social media. I haven't even had my first kiss... It's come to the point were I'm just like the "hot guy" that's fun to talk to your friends about, or make cute comments to. But that's all the further it goes.

I guess my question is: What can I do now that I have put myself in this situation? I'm attractive, I have a nice personality, but girls look at it like" well, he may have all that but he's never gonna date anyone no matter what."
I never had an interest in dating until just the last few months. Before I was perfectly happy working out or playing video games with my friends, but now I feel like (WARNING: cliché) there's just something missing.

I understand that I sound like an absolute douchebag. But there is no need to lie, I would just be wasting my own time. The reason I went to Yahoo answers is, I really didn't have anyone to talk to. This kinda thing is a touchy subject for me because I sound like a total jerk when I say it out loud. Trust me it was hard writing this. I'm not the type of person who likes to complement themselves. I'm just looking for some advice, or even just a thought on the subject. I'm just confused.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:38 AM

cuz they're waiting for you to ask them out or approach them to talk. why dont you go up to them and strke up a conversation?

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:46 AM

fin d some girl you like as a persona and ask her out..
03-24-2014, 10:49 AM

maybe it's the girls you don't get to know who find you attractive but the other girls you try to get with aren't interested in you?
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM

It sounds like you're not really putting yourself out there. You need to send signals that you really are available. That means you will have to develop some game, just like any other guy. With you all it may take is really letting the girls know that you're interested in them for something more than just conversation. Try asking some of them out. You might be surprised.
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM

yeah. i'm same height, little more muscular since ive been lifting longer. and i get what you mean 100%. girls will say im hot and stare and want to get to know me. i think they all think we are some perfect guy when in reality nobody is perfect. i think girls know in their head that guys like us dont take shit from anyone including girls and since we are attractive and get a lot of female attention they think that once they treat us like shit we will leave. i dont think things will ever change. personally, im waitng for the right girl to put my time and effort into. i cant give you advice on what you should do, but do whatever you feel is right. you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. trust your instincts and surround yourself with good people. dont take shit from anyone.

good luck!
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM

Find someone that you like Smile and be with them. Make sure they don't like you for your looks, but for you.