This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feeling really low and depressed after a one night stand gone wrong!?
03-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Feeling really low and depressed after a one night stand gone wrong!?
Hi,

Pls help. I met a Spanish guy on holiday last year at a club and made out with him (and heavy petting), and told him I wouldn't have s** with him cos I was on my period. He took my number and Facebook but didn't get in touch. At the time I wasn't really interested, but then over time when he didn't call I began to feel devastated!

I went to a tarot reader who told me he'd be in touch in a year. I was so foolish I actually believed this. a week ago I had a reading with the same reader and asked again out of curiosity- now she said I'll never hear from him again! I was upset and looked him up on Facebook, and added him as a friend, however he ignored it! I sent him an angry message telling him how upset and disappointed I was that he never called me and basically used me, and he didn't reply!

Now I feel low and depressed because I keep thinking it means I'm a worthless person and that I'm really ugly...his guy was a Hollister model and he absolutely gorgeous and also a doctor. The night I spent with him was one of the best of my life so for him to act like this now is devastating. How do I get my confidence back after this!? I was in a bad place and lonely when I met him and I just wanted some fun, but has backfired on me!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:33 AM

Well look you didn&#x27;t really get to know him, your feelings are based on looks and therefore it&#x27;s just desire you feel. Overcoming desire is hard to do, you have to put yourself off them

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:37 AM

Stop wasting your time trying to make the past what it isn't and can't be. Deal with today and do it so that tomorrow is good. The guy is not worth your worry and is probably surprised to hear from you. Stop looking so hard for what's not there and enjoy what is, what you have is better than what you only dream about and if it's not yet, then do something about it.
03-24-2014, 10:37 AM

I know its easier said than done, but just forget about it! I lost my viginity to a one night stand. Now that made me feel soo bad about myself, but looking back now, im grateful it happened. Because it gave me more confidence with my body. The whole reason why I hadnt had sex before this was because I was soo scared to show anyone my body. But it didnt scare mr onenightstand off. Yeah it took a bad turn at first. I had a lot of one night stands after this as well. Because I was craving affection and intimacy - but didnt view myself as someone who was worthy to be in a meaningful relationship.

Obviously, im over it now, and I see it as a hard lesson that I had to learn. And if anything ive come out so much stronger than I was. Just see it as a learning curve and move on Smile At least your experience wasnt as bad as mine lol
03-24-2014, 10:42 AM

You're making yourself depressed over nothing, you only made out with some random guy...
What you're feeling now is driven by your desires. The ultimate human strength come from learning to fight your desires. You can overcome everything, you just need practice. Guess what? That's an awesome way to start practicing to fight your desires. Just simply let go and you will feel free. (speaking from experience)
03-24-2014, 10:47 AM

You didn't have sex so it wasn't even a one night stand. You had a holiday fling with a hot guy. Nothing wrong with that. Just remember it for what it was. People who meet in clubs are not looking for relationships and don't usually expect to see the other person again
Instead of being depressed, think of it as an ego boost. You got to make out with a hot guy who looked like a Hollister model!! Of all the girls in the club that night, he chose to make out with you. That shouldn't make you depressed - that should make you happy
Never expect a holiday fling to turn into anything else. A holiday fling is supposed to be fun and an ego boost because you can hook up with people you'd never hook up with at home.