This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
default email address?
03-24-2014, 10:29 AM
default email address?
PROBLEM: I would like to compose an email in yahoo from a default email address. When I go to compose the message, the email address is not listed in my selection of alternate email addresses I can send from.

WHAT HAPPENS: When I follow yahoo's directions and go to add it on the yahoo, settings, account section. It allows me to add email address but puts the message "not verified". At the bottom of that page, the email address does appear in the list of selections I am available to send from. However when I save and go to compose a new email, the address is not listed and I don't receive a verification email in my inbox, spam or any host email account folders either. (Keep in mind, it's really already been verified and listed on my yahoo profile as an alternate contact email address.) Then, when I go back into yahoo, settings, accounts.... it is no longer listed in the add account section or my default sending email selection below that.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS??? THIS IS SUCH AN INEXCUSABLE WASTE OF MY TIME and YAHOO WON'T HELP. Any compassionate, knowledgeable yahoo users out there who can help me ......please?????

ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND INFO: Up until the last yahoo "improvement" I have been a faithful, happy yahoo user for ...must be... about 20 years.

I have sent yahoo 3 help requests in addition to 3 posts on yahoo help facebook page to no avail.

I have set this particular email address to work correctly like this in the past. ( right now, I can't recall why is stopped working. Think it was when yahoo make that big "update")

I have successfully set up another default email addresses (that shares the exact same email provider, host and server) to work like this just fine. The only difference between this one and the one I can't set up is the name.

The address I am trying to set up is an address for a website I own so it is very important that I get this to work. Unless one of you can recommend another email service that I can enjoy using again (I don't like gmail, Hotmail or aol.)

Thanks for taking the time to read this long request... Look forward to hearing from the right person very soon!!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:31 AM

Mine alternate "From" email addresses field has disappeared over this weekend. If they can't fix this, I will be closing my yahoo account after 7 years. Constant changes to the mail system are simply too frustrating.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply