This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How come Facebook pages take a while to load?
10-15-2012, 07:58 PM
How come Facebook pages take a while to load?
Recently, Facebook pages seem to take quite a while to load. They used to load fast, I've got a fast Internet connection and am using Google Chrome.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:07 PM

It still loads fairly quickly for me, but that's because I use Firefox. My guess would be that it's Google Chrome, but, that'll pass sooner or later. Chrome's still in the earlier phases, so some lag accessing sites may be possible.

...Either that, or they've decided to overhaul the scripts on Facebook. I somehow doubt that, though.

Ads

ask your local computer shop for advice
and install new upgrades for your internet connection
try this and it might do some good

That's rather strange :/ However mine does that whenever i load into facebook and the pictures don't always load correctly :/
It's just facebook i think.

probably because at that time a lot other people are on Facebook as well and the servers of Facebook is having trouble with all the requests its getting

hmm, it's just the site maintenance and depends on your connection speed, how many people are using facebook, whether your computer is running laggy etc etc..

however, if it carries on for more than 2 weeks, then you have something wrong with your connection or computer because my facebook works fine.

(could also be how many friends, photos, data and info you have on your wall, profile and friends list)

GL

Well Facebook is quite an interactive website so lots of code/images etc...you could also check for spyware/viruses that are slowing down your computer and also how many people are using your network could affect the speed at which the page loads. You can test your download speed on various websites such as http://www.speedtest.net/

For more information about slow internet connections visit Microsoft website. http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows...a1033.mspx

"Another possibility... when was the last time you rebooted your router and/or cable/dsl modem? Many routers, especially anything older than a year or two, have trouble handling a lot of simultaneous connections. This can be a problem if you're downloading with eMule, BitTorrent, or, if the router is old enough, just a lot of plain 'ol downloads. Once the router starts to go under, speeds drop, connections are slow, and the only fix is a reboot of the router."
- Taken from a previous similar yahoo answers question (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...54AAnXWRr)

Best of luck.

Its probably Facebook and not your computer. Millions of people access Facebook at a time and one of Facebook's servers could've messed up or something. The same thing happens to me from time to time. With MySpace too.

If Facebook is still slow for you after a few days, then I'd think about deleting your temporary internet files, cache, do a disc clean up, or upgrade your memory.

If you need further assistance, email me at jessicalynnbrock@yahoo.com anytime.

It hasn't been working for anyone. It hasnt been working for me since Friday. It's probably a bug in the system or Facebook is doing maitenance. Just rest assured that its not your computer that has a virus and wait it out. Or, if you have an iPod touch, try logging onto Facebook from there

I don't have an answer but wanted to say it's been acting up for LOTS of people. It's been acting up for close to a week for me. Every other site I go to is just as speedy as ever, my online games are perfect, etc. I have tried both IE and Firefox, and found it doesn't matter which I use... facebook is just horribly slow. I hope soon we can find out what is going on and it will be fixed.