This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would it feel awkward if your boss from work , were to send you a facebook friends request?
03-24-2014, 10:30 AM
Would it feel awkward if your boss from work , were to send you a facebook friends request?
Would you accept the request or Ignore it ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:32 AM

If you accept it, never talk about your boss or anything negative about work.
If you ignore it, your boss might find you hostile.
So accept the request, but never write anything that might jeopardise your position in the workplace

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:40 AM

Heck yea it's awkward. You're in a bad situation. If you accept your boss can see what you do in Facebook. Of you don't you're boss will know that you decided to ignore it. If it were me I'd ignore it. But that's just me
03-24-2014, 10:48 AM

Accept the friend request if you want--but you can always tell your boss you don't want to have "friends" from work at all. If you do accept it, make sure your boss isn't on your "public" list for sharing every post you make. This sounds like your boss is trying to keep tabs on you--and that's dangerous for you because you will be "monitored" that way--which is not a good way to foster a working relationship. I would not accept it at all. If your boss presses you about it, just say that none of your friends are from work--and make sure they aren't. Even when you aren't friends with someone on FB you can still see their friends list.
03-24-2014, 10:52 AM

I would ignore it. Do not mix business with your personal life.
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM

It is such a shitty situation to be in..I got a request from my boss 1 year ago, and I impulsively accepted. Now I regret it, although I don't think I would have had the guts to disregard the request if it happened again.. I feel pressured to censor everything I post. Keep in mind that if it's a "newer" FB he has, he actually has the option of checking out every single thing you do on FB like, which pictures you liked, or commented on ...Forget it. I say, don't accept..Act like you haven't even seen the request. Make your list of friends private, and don't make ANY public posts any more. He probably won't say anything. And even if he does, you can go: Really? I haven't checked in a while..I'm not on FB that much... and leave it at that.If he mentions it more than a second time, then accept him, and make a new profile with your name slightly different, or with a nickname and a pic he won't recognise, and slowly re-add all your friends.