This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dating guy soon after he broke up with his girlfriend?
03-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Dating guy soon after he broke up with his girlfriend?
A group of us went out to bars the other night, there was one guy I didn't know. When he got into the car, my friend asked him if he was in a relationship. He said that they had broken up two weeks ago. (From what I can tell through Facebook and talking to our mutual friend, the relationship was only for two months.)

The next day he asked me out. We went out and it was great, but how can I tell if he's dating me for me, or just to have another girl by his side? Are there any signs I can watch out for?

He's the first guy I've really been interested in in over a year, so I don't want to get overly-invested in something that is temporary.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:33 AM

If you want to date this guy, then just date him. It shouldn't matter if he broke up with his girl yesterday, or four months ago. You're probably in high school or a young adult. The chances of a meaningful relationship is slim. Just have fun with him. Good luck! If it really bothers you about the length of the break up, look at his FB timeline and look at his pictures. You'll be able to tell if they're recent or not. It shouldn't matter though. They're not together now.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:34 AM

Being that they were only together for two months. Its a possibility that you may be able to have a good relationship with him. But if him and his ex are not fully over each other leave it alone because every relationship has their breakups and makeups. Try being friends and see where things go from there.
03-24-2014, 10:39 AM

Classic definition of a rebound.

Watch yourself.