This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
are teachers allowed to make fake profiles on facebook?
03-24-2014, 10:31 AM
are teachers allowed to make fake profiles on facebook?
in our school's and surrounding school's network of Facebook, there has been a lot of fake profiles adding people at these schools, and me, Facebook friend requests. the profiles say they attend out school, but the pictures are always of girls we don't know. so we conclude that they dont go to our schools. so some girls mom is the principle and she said her mom was doing it (well THE GIRL did not say her mom was, its just a rumor). in the last 6 months there have been about 20 of these "fake" profiles we think are teachers disquised so they can look what we post, the pictures we are in(if we are drinking/smoking weed. etc...) so is this legal for teachers to do this? because firsthand I have known teachers that i wanted to add but they said it is illegal to add us until we graduate....so can someone clarify?

thanks for answering! feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:39 AM

Teachers? Are you sure, because Im sure teachers (most) wouldnt care. This all sounds pathetic. People need to get a life.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:49 AM

It isnt illegal its just frowned upon and looks unprofessional.
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM

They can't make fake ones to break the rules, only police officers can do this. Just delete them and keep your profile private.
03-24-2014, 11:05 AM

Mark Zuckerburg (facebook founder) is like a kid at heart, and he disapproves of this because it's against the rules of facebook to do that, but in the Court of Law and school systems, they think it's a great idea. Because they are like 'undercover cops' trying to find kids smoking weed etc. It would get on my nerves, too.

What you could do is remain anonymous and report them to fb and say these are fake fb profiles, but then again, facebook might even be scared to cross the line of a teacher trying to crack kids. But I hear Mark isn't afraid to 'defy the rules of government'
03-24-2014, 11:12 AM

Nobody is allowed to make fake profiles.