This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I report this Facebook group?
03-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Should I report this Facebook group?
*I asked this in the Adolescent section. I wanted a teens opinion and a grownup/parents opinion*

On Facebook, between the ''popular'' kids, someone made a group that says "KaitlynForNever" (the name was changed, btw) and I *think* it's a hate group. This girl is not well liked through my school, it says "ForNever" at the end, and has a picture of her. It's a closed group and I have to join to see what they post. There are about 12 members, and they are all the popular kids, including those who I thought were her friends.

Should I report it? Should I tell the principal? Should I do anything at all?

The girl, Kaitlyn, has been kinda mopy at school, if I ever see her at all (meaning she isn't at school).
The girl who is targeted, Kaitlyn, is one of the ''popular'' kids. I have tried being nice to her in 6th grade, but she just did not like me from the start. I honestly don't care if she hates my f*cking guts, it's not right to bully.

I don't want to join it because then someone else might report it, and they will see I joined and I might get in trouble. I just screenshotted the page and I'm going to print it, and I will talk with my guidance counselor tomorrow or sometime this week. Thanks to any answers!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:41 AM

Join the group...print the screen of the group...show it to ur principle as it could be to do with school and report it on facebook after u do this! Nice to find a good person! Smile

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:50 AM

You should talk to the principal! Good for you for caring.
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM

yes. if it's a hate group, you want to stop it in its' tracks
03-24-2014, 11:06 AM

Yes, report it.
03-24-2014, 11:16 AM

i think you should mind your own business.
03-24-2014, 11:19 AM

I think you should report the Facebook group. Bullying is not right and it can ruin a teen's life. There have been teens that have commited suicide because of bullying. Whether or not you like someone, she is just a teenage girl who probably has low self esteem. If you do, thank you. I was bullied in high school, and whether or not the girl is popular, bullying destroys self esteem.
03-24-2014, 11:28 AM

I would first tell the principal about it, show him the screen shot, and I wouldn't join, because if you join and then the page gets reported and the school becomes involved, they know it was you, and it's more trouble than it's worth. Have one the kids in the group fess up and print out everything.
03-24-2014, 11:31 AM

This sounds like cyber bullying. Yes, report it to your school counselor. Just say that you found this website and didn't like the impression you got from it. Let the counselor take it from there.
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM

report it

The principal couldn't do much about it. It is not on school grounds.

There are laws now about cyber bullying and these kids who are doing this can get in trouble.
These pages may help you out though.

http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=13495
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=13...6&topic=66
http://cyberbullying.us/blog/can-schools...acher.html

I'd don't see how a printed out page of this would help you. The school counselor may think you want to pass it around as a joke so the poor girl can see. What if a friend sees it fall out of your bag or something, picks up and thinks it is funny? Again you would be seen as a bully for bringing it into the school.

Your counselor can easily go to the website once you tell her about it.