This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it really that odd that I don't have or want a Facebook account?
03-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Is it really that odd that I don't have or want a Facebook account?
People ask me to message them on Facebook, or say they couldn't find me on Facebook, and are shocked when I tell them "I don't have a Facebook and don't want one either". They act like I had just said something unbelievably terrible. Then they start in about why I should want a Facebook, and how it's not that bad. I don't care. I don't want a Facebook account, and I think social networking sites are the stupidest thing since the Bush administration. Is it really that awful?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM

I don't think it's that bad, it's a very useful website. It's fine if you don't have one because not everybody needs one. I have one but I don't check it very often.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:43 AM

No, that's smart, and contrary to what seems to be evident at the moment, that's normal. Privacy is an instinctual desire. Networking sites and apps like Facebook and Twitter remove some of that privacy, and also force you to ignore the privacy of others.

Don't sweat it. You're a normal human being.
03-24-2014, 10:47 AM

No its not, its actually good that you dont have one, they suck the free time right out you Sad
03-24-2014, 10:53 AM

Nah, facebook is only useful if you want to keep in contact with people who are harder to reach... I got friends all over the U.S. facebook helps a lot Smile and for those of you who are worried about privacy, you know you can edit that right? -__- and don't say you can't, because you can, and its really simple, you just don't have the knowledge to do it.... sad.....
03-24-2014, 10:59 AM

its just very dominating in todays society.. these days people ask for ur fb more than ur number! lol but anyway dw ur fine.. its normal
03-24-2014, 11:09 AM

Nope. Most of my friends don't have them.