This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overprotective mom?Sex?Im almost 15?10 points!!!!!!?
03-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Overprotective mom?Sex?Im almost 15?10 points!!!!!!?
I turn 15 in October, and my mom is very overprotective. Last Janurary, I overdosed (it wasnt very serious) but she sent me to Vista Health (mental hospital) and I stayed there for 6 days. I was super pissed and so in Feburary, I snuck out to a party and almost ended up having sex with a 17 year old guy (ive known him FOREVER though) I told him that I wasnt ready so we didnt, but I felt really guilty and told my cousin about, and then 2 weeks ago she decided to tell my parents and the rest of my family. Now my older brothers and dad are PISSED and really upset with me, my mom took my to the doctor yesterday to get tested for STD's and started me on birth control && I have to get 4 shots I know that one of them was a gardisil shot..i cant remember the rest. but she grounded me and took away my ipod and phone. Im not allowed to talk to ANYONE except for her and my therapist.She pulled me out of public school, so now I have to do online schooling; she's using this new software called SafeEyes, so the only sites I can go to are Keystone (online school) & educational sites. EVERYTHING else is blocked, so I have no way of contact with anyone. Once im ungrounded she said she is going to monitor everything. my web history,chats, and she wants my facebook password and she has to be RIGHT by me whenever I use facebook/email/twitter, etc. Shes gonna read my texts, limit how much music and what music I listen to,what I watch on TV (she thinks Americas Next Top Model is "inappropriate" and "crude" and "vulgar" ) Im not allowed to go to sleepovers, or anywhere else unless she is right next to me the whole time.even on a date.she said its gonna be that way until im eighteen and out the house. Im seriously losing my social life, and now that im homeschooled, I have no way out of this hell hole but to run away, and Im seriously considering it.my parents are divorced, but my mom has full custody of me. everytime i try to talk to her about having more freedom (ive been a good kid ever since the whole sex thing) she says "im the adult and your the child!" and then leaves so i cant respond. i know she loves me, but im literally going insane. please help.

Thanks everyone<3

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM

So let me get this straight..... you are not even 15 and you've already overdosed and are considering sex? Your mom has a right to be worried. You are a child. A small child. Don't deny it. You are. You cant even drive yourself to school yet and you have already been in a mental hospital. Your mother is only trying to protect you. And you are an idiot!

Oh yeah and dancer model artist?! What the hell are you?

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:45 AM

So, this 17 year old boy you've know forever assured you he had the four hundred thousand dollars it would take to raise the child you nearly created?
You aren't going insane, you ARE insane if you think it's safe to have sex with a minor, you think an overdose is "not serious" and that you don't need protection. Get your own mental house in order and then you may be allowed a privilege here and there.
03-24-2014, 10:54 AM

Sorry, but I'm siding with your mother on this one.

Not only did you scare the living daylights out of her with your 'pretend' suicide attempt (As someone who was genuinely suicidal at your age, you make me sick.), but you behaved like a complete idiot and a brat by sneaking out and being disobediant.

Suck up your punishment and learn to be a better person. Maybe then you can try and earn your parents trust back. Until then, you deserve everything you get.
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM

Yikes honey you are in a tough spot here. I don't blame your family for feeling this way.

You need to earn their trust. They don't trust you now to make good judgement. You are way too young not in a legal age. So your mom is being over protective b/c she has every right to do so after you over dose yourself??? Any mother would do the same!! I'd do the same too =/ Sorry.
03-24-2014, 11:00 AM

Well i believe you should definatly wait on having sex! I promise its not as good as u think it will be! To many stds going around and condems dont always work. If u want more freedom prove it to her. Try not bringing it up for awhile do your best at schooling and help her as much as you can but u have to prove it to yourself before you prove it to anyone else
03-24-2014, 11:01 AM

I believe your mom has completely lost any trust she had in you. She went a little overboard, but still, you have already overdosed on drugs and were considering sex. You fully deserve to be overprotected because that is just crazy. If you run away, just to let you know, you are making one of the WORSE decisions you have EVER made in your life. Someone you know may take you in, but if it is a teenager or young adult you know, it will ALWAYS end badly.
03-24-2014, 11:11 AM

Mom is right for her actions! Almost ended up having sex? Attempted suicide? Why in the world would anyone take their own life? It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem!! Let's see...at 15 you should be worried about acne, schoolwork and sports if you play any, passing grades and personal cleanliness. Oh wait...one more thing to worry about? RESPECTING YOUR PARENTS! Apparently you have none and refuse to open your eyes to see another opinion...from your Mom!
What in the world would you do if the STD tests came back positive for AIDS? What would you have done if this 17 year old guy got upset and pounded the crap out of you until you died? No one can foresee the future. All your Mom is doing is trying to get you to be responsible for yourself and the decisions you make. She's trying to make you understand 15 is NOT an acceptable age for you to be a Mom yourself.
Walk in her shoes for a week...see how stressful life is and the responsibilities are for her. You may have a different outlook!
03-24-2014, 11:12 AM

I agree with your mom. You overdosed, snuck out, and almost had sex at a party. That's pretty bad, and your mom just wants to protect you. Had you not done stupid, irresponsible things, you wouldn't be in this mess. Just try to prove that you're trustworthy, which will be pretty hard considering what you've done.
03-24-2014, 11:14 AM

I think your mom has the right to be worried about you and over protective! You're 14 and you've already over dosed and almost had sex?!
How long has this being going on because I think for at least two months you should carry on with this regime and be a VERY good kid so your mom starts to trust you a little more.
After a while just say to her that you think you need your social life of she may drive you to something serious like running away or overdosing again. Be gentle and just explain that you need a little privacy and while she can read your facebook and text messages, you want to be able to meet up with your friends again.