This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you still call such a person a best friend?
03-24-2014, 10:34 AM
**I posted this earlier but it was late in the night. If you answered, I didn't ignore you**

A person who:

- You known since kindergarten.

- You've stayed over with (at his house) numerous times and even sometimes had no problem bathing with (when you were of elementary school age though lol).

- Was technically your "brother from another mother".

- Knew you better than your older brother.

- A duo which teachers knew immediately and knew better than to keep you two together during class.

- Who you always enjoyed being rivals with, especially academically, almost always in the top two of the class and trying to beat each other out of first place.

- -- - - - - - - - - - - --- - - - - - - - - - - - -

But who:

- You slowly lost contact with after he moved to another country, eventually getting to the point where you got absolutely no replies to your emails for a long time (like months and months)

- You found out "forgot" the password to his email account about a year and a half later (the password happens to be your name (you checked) because you had an agreement when you were kids to make or incorporate each other's names into your passwords, because you were kids).

- Who doesn't put in as much effort as you do into staying in contact. Your emails used to get no replies for like 6 or 7 months so you stopped. You created a Facebook account just to look for him, and some of your other friends of course (because email wasn't working out) but even there, he's hard to get. Most of your friends don't hear from him either).

- Whose older brother is much easier to get in contact with than he is. You thought his older brother would be busier (because of stuff like higher level college work) but turned out you were wrong.

- Who is attending college at your home country right now (meaning no 'bad internet' excuse), was able to wish you a Happy Birthday though, but it was first happy birthday wish in about 2 maybe 3 years and it totally surprised you to see it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:41 AM

Money is best friend.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:43 AM

Call him an ex best friend.
03-24-2014, 10:45 AM

I'd always call them a best friend. But that's it. Just A best friend. Not THE best friend. I have a bestfriend who I am close to but not bestfriend with--she hits me and is a b*tch but still we are close--she's not so bad.

Keep him in the tier. Always. He's your first bestfriend (me thinks??) and should always remain as so. Make sure you remember the important things of him,,, and if he ever need you for a non-material thing etc. then you should try to help him. But I wouldn't call him "MY bestfriend". I'd say Friend, but in my mind I'd make sure he's in the Bestfriend tier. He meant a lot to you,, he'll always be something to you.