This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook privacy questions?
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Facebook privacy questions?
How can I prevent people from searching me on Facebook? Like when they type my name how can I make my name not show up?

Also when a stranger goes to my profile they can see some of my profile pictures, how do I stop this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:43 AM

put it on privacy. go to privacy settings then say private.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:51 AM

I don't think that there is an option to remove yourself from being searched on facebook completely. I tried to find that option but I think facebook changed or removed it.

As far a profile photos:

1. Go to your facebook profile.
2. Click on your profile photo.
3. When the photo comes up in it's original size, look for the date the photo was uploaded, under your facebook name, on the white part of the photo screen.
4. Next to that there is a mini privacy icon. Click on that and choose the "friends" option. Do that for every photo in your profile photos album. I do not think you can change all the photos at once.
03-24-2014, 10:56 AM

Go to Facebook and click the 'Cog' (next to the Home button). Then click Privacy Settings, then use the 'Who can look me up?' area of the settings to adjust them to your preferences.

You cannot hide profile pictures or cover photos from the public, but if you're not going to appear in searches, why would you need to do this?