This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why doesn't my facebook for android app give me notifications!?!?!?
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Why doesn't my facebook for android app give me notifications!?!?!?
My android won't give me push notifications.
I think the problem seems to be my facebook account because my friend logged on and it worked for him.

On his account he gets push notifications for wall posts, likes, friend requests.
But when I login my account and get a notification, nothing happens. Please help!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:43 AM

Facebook promises connection with all 732 of your closest friends through the website, but you're not always sitting at a computer, so the mobile application on your Android phone is a key way to get the notification of a party invite. Notifications can either be pull or push. Push notifications are sent to your phone, even when you aren't running the Facebook app. Pull notifications require you to log in to the application to see them. Only devices running Android 2.2 or higher can receive push notifications.

Difficulty:Moderately

EasyInstructions

Reset the radio on your Android device. Hold down the power button until the pop-up window appears on the screen. Tap "Airplane Mode" and wait for the airplane icon to appear in the upper-right section of the screen where your wireless signal normally appears. Repeat the process to exit Airplane Mode. Look at the signal notification to see if you have wireless signal to support a data connection. Notifications won't come through without a data connection.

Open the Facebook app on your Android device. Tap the "Facebook" logo in the upper-left corner of the screen, then press the "Menu" button. Tap "Settings" on the screen, then check to see that the label under "Notifications" is "Active." If it's not, tap the checkbox to the left of "Notifications." Press the "Back" button.

Press the "Home" button. Open your application launcher and press the "Market" icon. Press the "Menu" button and tap "My Apps." Find "Facebook" in the list and tap on it. Press the "Update" button to download the most recent update for the app.

Push the "Home" button. Press the "Menu" button, then tap "Settings." Press "Applications," then "Manage Applications" and choose "Facebook." Press the "Uninstall" button. Press the "Home" button again, then open the application launcher and press on the "Market" app. Search for "Facebook" and re-install the app from the latest version online.

Read more: How to Troubleshoot Facebook Notifications for Android | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8480956_troubles...z1dnyEAKBl

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply