This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
internet pedophiles? what should i do? did i do the right thing?
03-24-2014, 10:36 AM
internet pedophiles? what should i do? did i do the right thing?
when i was 11 years old my mom got sick and went to the hospital in a coma. i had literally NO friends and was lonely so i found this chatting site online. for 13 and over...anyways i found this "girl" that said she was from India and was 19 years old and wanted a friend. she told me to give her my email address. she literally BEGGED me after i said no several times. i gave in. the reason why i didnt want to is because my full name was in my email address. anyway when she messaged me, "she" started talking about things that made me realize this was indeed a he. i asked her if she was a dude and he said yeah. he told me to not let that affect our "relationship''. i didnt. we stayed up from like 10-12 talking and when i said i had to go, he asked me if we could video chat. i sad i didnt have a webcam and i'd ask my dad if i could get one. he said ok ask him and said i love u. i said ok bye, then he got "sad" and said "u dont love me? Sad" so out of guiltiness i said i love you.now thinking this over i doubt he was 19...i actually asked my dad for a cam but he said no. thinking back on it im glad i never got the camera.
he messaged me the next day and got mad when it took me a couple hours to answer. i told him i was sorry. he asked me about the cam and i said i didnt have one. i told him bye and the same "i love u" thing was done. over the next days i just forgot about him. he messaged me about four days later and never said anything else. i just deleted my email account a couple of months ago.

another problem is that i met this dude on omegle who was 30 something and he said he wanted to keep in touch. i gave him my twitter. he never messaged me again so i guess he was actually a good person. (still shouldve have done so but still) i was 12 then by the way.

also this 15 year old dude wanted to be friends on facebook. i met him a chatting site as well. i was 12 at the time. we exchanged facebook id's. later on in the conversation he wanted to talk about "sexual stuff" so i ended the conversation. he apologized and i logged off. i got back on fb laser on and he messaged me. he apologized again and i said its ok. about an hour later he wanted to talk about the same things i didnt want to talk about. i then unfriended him, reported, and blocked him.

anyway i have had a phobia for about a week that a news reporter was going to tell a story about this guy being sent to jail because of ________________ ie my name.

i want to become a public figure and think this is going to hold me back. nothing sexual was said but now im afraid to chase my dreams. im afraid to watch news ir even Google my name. i Google my name several times a week to make sure things are at "bay". i have no idea what to do and if i should see a therapist. what should i do? im 14 years old by the way. ive learned my lesson.

please only serious answers. i haven't done this in a couple of years and ts been on my conscious,
sorry for being so long. thanks in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:40 AM

I think you are giving yourself too much credit. I highly doubt your report to facebook put anyone in jail. I do suggest you get over your unnecessary guilt for reporting weirdos on the internet. We have all been there and done that. Being young and stupid on the internet is just a rite of passage pretty much. Please learn from this and realize that if you do use chat sites do not give out any personal information. I keep my email and facebook private for only people who I know personally. I would never give out my last name to someone I dont know.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:49 AM

It is best you take this to a proffessional. Hopefully one will leave a comment. You can also visit http://www.jw.org.
If you click publications/online library you have the option of searching for any topic related to your concern and more, for an example of your situation you could enter 'social media'. It'll give you similar experiences of others and will give you the best advice.
Now remember i'm not a professional but i would suggest that you do just have the proffesionals have recommmended; keep vigilant. If you're gonna use social media don't talk to people who you know can't be trusted. Don't live on social media cuz the real world's always out there and wasting your timeon social media doesn'texactly prepare for you it.
Really though, don't go around making friends with a ton o people you don't know. Avoid chat rooms; they've been known to host these kind o people. Concerning your identity.. your name, visit the site for suggestions. It's best read as much as you can dude.
Be safe.
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM

Hi USA.
You have discovered the anxiety of being the target of many harassers (at least in your mind) and your anxiety comes from the natural fear for a real situation that is pedophilia, kidnapping, online bullying, sadism, and any kind of act involving inflicted malice over a subject of attack.

Sometimes these people can be violent criminals, others coward harassers without intention to kill or hurt and sometimes are extreme pranksters.

The good part of this, is that no one of those you met have posted or had the intention of humiliate you through the web. They are just Indians with a high sex desire, I'm a male and have been annoyed by one or two of them, India has homosexuals in a large amount, which is not surprise since there is almost no Christianity in that country, since their system of beliefs let them do all what they want, because does not say what is the punishment for what they do in life as our Bible says.

They took as punishment to reincarnate into another being that it should be inferior, and so on until the "sinner", if the term works for them, do good in life.

There is no fornication, cheating, deceiving for them, of course living in the international community they have authorities than at some degree are Christians o had contact with practicing Christians like the British. People of all around the world has senses, intuition that God gives at birth, so of course if one man finds that his neighbor is trying to steal his wife, he could denounce him or stop him in any way because that is bothering him.

But generally, not the majority, but well generalized are the acts of stealing, murdering, defamation, violation, fornication among others. It's all about religion, they have rejected it during centuries, like China did.

So knowing that, you'd better keep aside people from that country as I do, and chat with people within a range of ages better matching with yours, and since you like chat online, the webcam could help to see if their intentions are more or less real, judging from their facial expressions, although is not a hundred percent sure.

The bad thing about the camera, is that most guys out there will try to get yourself uncovered, so even if they don't had more evil intentions than seeing you as God sent you, they foolishly could store your photos and be the target of hackers that could steal them to their personal use.
Just in the worst cases some of those hackers could post a photo of you on a webpage to mock about you, to should their "ability" to enter others' computers and steal without being noticed.

Just relax, at least once we have experienced that, be more careful with whom you talk to, and don't give your photos, and the level of anxiety will disappear soon.
I don't telling you to trust too much and care less, Just that give less and trust that not all people will do damage.

A good lessons of self-defense will make you feel better.

God bless you.