This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does my singing sound?
03-24-2014, 10:36 AM
How does my singing sound?
I'm on the fence about this one. I love to sing, and have been practicing for awhile now, I can hear the difference in how I used to sing and my voice now. I showed it to my mom, and she said it sounded good, but then again, she's my mom, I could fart into the microphone and she'd tell me it sounded good, it's just the way she is. I need some outside opinions, so I know whether or not I wanna redo this or leave it be. I'm putting together a Valentines day slideshow for my fiance with me singing this song. It's going up on Facebook tomorrow, and I wanna be sure I don't sound like a dying cat. My complaint is I sound nasally, that could just be me not liking my own voice or it could be true. If you would please give me some nice pointers as to what to do to make my music sound more professional, and any singing tips would be hot. Thank you!

https://soundcloud.com/8thgradehits/thgr...icial-im-a

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:38 AM

The reason that it sounds nasally is because you aren't using the correct singing techniques. Learning to sing correctly takes years and years with offline face to face singing lessons, so you aren't going to be able correct anything in the time you have left.

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:43 AM

Thank you for the comment in my ask.. and I need to say that I liked your voice and I don't think that your voice sounds nasally. It's normal the owner voice don't like voice by yourself, because you use to listen your voice sounding out and inside your body, and when you listen it only in the out, you reject... and my teacher told me that is happen with anyone in the start, until with Beyoncé, and after you starting accustom with your voice but it sometimes linger, costs time, and the time varies from person to person haha'.. You told me that I'm a great singer, but in the start I though my voice were so f*****g bad....But I am not good listening for tiny imperfections because I'm starting in the music, only a teacher can notices that... BUT I have a perfect exercise to nasal voice, if you wanna try.. You cover your nose and talks so many things but trying don't let the voice resonate or vibrate on the nose, and after can sing and you can go higher or lower but letting the voice in your front and in the Mask (mix voice) ... but if you can not get sing in the Mask, try only don't sing for the nose... BUT I MUST TO SAY that I don't think that you sing nasally... YOU CAN ALL, IF YOU WANT. Huges man.. =))