This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Choose Andriod -vs- Iphone?
03-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Choose Andriod -vs- Iphone?
Which is better and why?
Are apps way more expensive for the iPhone?
How about programs like FB mobile, Instagram, and Vine? Will they work on one better than the other?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:51 AM

Android is better than iphone . But they both are different , android has that awesome system , software and looking but poor performance and iphone has a faster performance but poor apps and software. So if you need a fast device go for iphone and if you need better software with some awesome apps go for android. Cheers

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:59 AM

Android is beter
03-24-2014, 10:59 AM

Android gives you the ability to customize a home page and add widgets and shortcut to your most frequently used apps to it. On iphone, you are thinking of a page packed with icons for your application. No widgets, limited customisability.

On android, you have direct access to all the files that you have downloaded on your phone. On iphone, it gets rather tricky if you want to view those files because there's no "My Files" directory.

Android has slower performance overall.

The apps you mentioned works fine on either platform, though I heard that applications like Whatsapp tend to get updates faster on iOS. As do most of the apps that run on both platforms. In fact, there are times when certain functions exist only on the iOS version and not the Android version. If you're very much an application person, go for iphone. Are they more expensive? As much as Android fans will tell you that there are no important apps you will need that is unavailable on Google Play, there is no important apps that you will need that is unavailable for free in App Store.

I don't about you but Android was the winning factor for me because of the price, the homepage and "My Files".
03-24-2014, 11:05 AM

It depends on what you want. As the other person said, Android is the king of customization; if you want to do remotely ANYTHING to customize your phone, then Android is obviously what you want. Widgets, home screens, custom launchers (Look at Nova Launcher or Go Launcher! Basically changes everything about your home screen), ability to place apps wherever you wanted, or nowhere at all (out of sight out of mind), etc. iOS provides none of this, and pretty soon you'll get tired of looking at the same old thing over and over again.

Multitasking... iOS is, or was leagues behind. It wasn't until recently that they had a notifications bar, which you could pull down to check the date, weather, apps, etc. Android has done this since the very beginning, over 5 years ago. There is also the ability to see your recent apps when you hold the home button, all in real time. You can even have TWO INDIVIDUAL APPS open side by side as you would with Aero on Windows Vista and 7. iOS lacks any of these and have bare-minimum multitasking, if you could call it that. The apps in the background, I believe, are frozen, unlike Android which can run in full time.

iOS DOES have better performance for the measly punch it brings. iPhone 5 is only a dual core, while Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, and plenty of others are running the new Tegra Quadcore at a higher frequency. Lemme just note that 4 > 2 in majority of cases. What iOS DOES do, is that since there isn't that much you can do, they do it well. They do it near perfectly I'd even say. Android has so many features, third-party apps, that a lot of unpolished in comparison, which is a bit of a trade-off. iOS DOES have Facebook integrated in, while Android doesn't, however Android phones are so fast it'll load just as fast. Instagram and Vine... they do, however they're not as up-to-par with iOS' apps, but that's the fault of the developers really.

Then you've got rooting vs jailbreaking... one opens up your one phone to the possibilities it has to offer (although the apps can be rather expensive), which is jailbreaking... THEN you've got rooting which is giving yourself a whole new phone. New ROM, new Recovery, new Kernel, EVERYTHING is unlock and can be tweaked to your hearts content...

Final note on Apps: iOS has a trend of having apps worth quite a bit of money since majority of iOS users don't mind paying for them, so you'll see a ton of paid apps and barely any free good ones. While on Android, the ecosystem is different; everyone expects to get a bang for their buck, so if it's a paid application, you're getting your money's worth... however, majority of Android apps, even those incredibly useful, are free, or have free versions that can get the job done. iOS has a better selection, I'd say, but more expensive. Android has a more diverse one, and mostly free.

When it comes down to it... do you want a phone that just works, and that's it? Do you want to just pick it up, browse facebook or text with it, perhaps play an application or two? Then the iPhone would be for you. It's so simple, it's near impossible to NOT understand it. However, if you're more or less of a person with a sort of individuality and style and wish to imbibe that into your phone, then Android is certainly the choice. Mandatory for power users IMO. Also, the Android phones are normally cheaper than iPhones.

Good luck on your choice. There is no wrong choice, but make sure you don't regret it.