This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do my fellow mormons think of the group "Ordain Women"?
03-24-2014, 10:42 AM
What do my fellow mormons think of the group "Ordain Women"?
http://ordainwomen.org/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 10:46 AM

I thought this one was pretty interesting too:
https://www.facebook.com/LetWomenPray

What about intersex people, like women with CAIS? Their bodies look completely female, but they have Y chromosomes. Is male/female determined by the chomosome, or by the body shape? If it's the body shape, couldn't someone just get a sex change to be a woman in God's eyes?

Or is the Y chromosome more important?

Ads

03-24-2014, 10:48 AM

I'm not sure you are a fellow Mormon.

There are have been critics of the church and its practices since it began. Even Jesus had his critics as is well-demonstrated in the Gospel accounts in the Bible.

The group will not change the mind and will of God, and the Prophet and Quorum of the Twelve answer only to God. Personally, I ignore them and shake my head at their lack of knowledge and testimony of the work.

Added: As far as determining a person's sex, that's up to the medical profession and yes, there are instances where the gender is not well defined. In that case, I am sure that a wise priesthood leader would consult with the Brethren on the matter.
03-24-2014, 10:54 AM

Mormons do believe they have a heavenly mother and she is part of the trinity so why can't women be part of the priesthood?
Namaste
03-24-2014, 10:56 AM

I think the women who want the Priesthood 1) don't understand the gospel enough and 2) are questioning the very doctrine the Savior set forth - so questioning the Savior Himself.

I honestly think it's a bunch of hogwash. And the women who are doing this "think" THEY are the ones who can make a change but it's only the Savior who can.
03-24-2014, 11:00 AM

I think it's a group of women who don't understand the fundamentals of the priesthood, the gospel, or revelation and keys of authority.

Their demonstrations indicate that none of them really understand the priesthood. Women do hold it, men bear it and as husband and wife women hold it.

The priesthood is about family and service, not individuals. So no individual should aspire to have it as a status and women (since it's based on the family structure) are a necessary part of it already.

If they understood the priesthood they wouldn't be asking about it because they would understand that they hold it already.

@ Searchery - that wasn't your personal experience. I remember it well, we got along well, you have a lot of valid questions and we treated you well, not like an outcast.

There was a moment in which you decided that you knew more than the rest of us, and it wasn't us who turned on you, it was you who turned on an idea to the degree in which you assumed that anything supported by Mormonism must be wrong. It's not like some things are good and some are bad, I haven't seen a comment from you in a long time that hasn't been anything other than fully negative.

Unfortunately you're right, it has begun, but I think you have the players, fans, and spectators confused.

We all supported you in your questions and tried to be as open as supportive as possible - sorry you feel the way you do now, but if you're looking for a constant fight it won't take long to consider everybody who you can argue against as enemy combatants even when we don't intend to be.
03-24-2014, 11:01 AM

I think they disrespect the church by treating it like a social club run by democratic votes.
03-24-2014, 11:03 AM

I agree with the others that these advocates do not understand the priesthood or the ways of God. If they do not repent from these propositions, they will be, or already are, on the road to apostasy. That will only lead them to excommunication.
I suggest that they read a book called "Women and the Priesthood" written by Sheri L. Dew, the CEO of Deseret Book.
03-24-2014, 11:12 AM

"I'm not sure you are a fellow Mormon."

It's already begun. You've dared to ask questions and to think independently... They will quickly turn on you if you keep it up. I know from personal experience.

EDIT: Joshsy, please do tell me more about MY personal experience... lol Actually, as soon as I started asking the difficult questions, there were some who immediately turned on me. It was partly that lack of objective thinking and fear of anything outside of the official church talking points that turned me off to the ridiculousness of Mormon apologetics. The other part was the inherent dishonesty of some of the Y!A Mormon "regulars" who have to know better, but continue to toe the line with demonstrably false responses. I have no patience for liars, even if they think they are lying for the Lord.
03-24-2014, 11:14 AM

I'm not a mormon, but I'll share my thoughts anyways. Feminists are insane. Nuff said.