This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Boyfriend won't let me see his facebook page?
10-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Boyfriend won't let me see his facebook page?
I've been in a 1 and 1/2 year relationship with a Muslim man. We're both the same age (mid-20s) and have had a very positive relationship thus far. In the beginning of our relationship, he kept reiterating how FB causes problems and that he didn't have one. Several months later, when I came back from out of town...I saw a page on his computer screen when he was at my house...and it appears he had an active profile that he uses to browse other girls..plus those "rate me" websites as well. He claimed it was his brother (hmmmm...) and though I let it pass, I never forgot it.

Recently, he mentioned something about his facebook. And I figured after almost 2 years of being together, I'd friend him on there. His response has been "he doesn't know how to even use it" and that he doesn't even go on it, it means nothing to him. Finally, the other night he told me "fine u wanna be my girl on facebook? then we'll keep it virtual and u won't be my girl in real life"...i thought that was a hell of a response.

Given the circumstances of his Religion...we don't have a normal relationship. Since Muslims cannot date...his family knows nothing about me, he's spent only one night over at my house, and truth be told, i feel like he knows more about me then i know about him. it's like i cant even ask about his family....i know he still lives with them, and i highly doubt he has a wife living with him as well because we actually plan falling asleep on the phone together several nights out the week. which would be kinda impossible if he had someone living with him...

I know many people will be quick to scream "harem" at me for dating a Muslim, but know this...he's mixed British and according to him, his family would let him date who he wants. All i want is people's opinions on this situation with him not letting me even see his facebook.

I have a profile myself and I told him not only would i let him see it...he could have my login/password if he wanted. and when i ask him why he won't reciprocate and just let me see it...he says 'he's done with me" or "f*** me and facebook" or "im giving him a headache"....responses like that make me feel like he's flirting around or even chatting with potential brides on there (at the end of the day, im no fool...perhaps he really wants a Muslim woman in the long run)

any advice would be appreciated, thank you
***Thank you all for these answers. I've definitely been foolish, and honestly im glad he never actually spent the night over...makes it easier to cut the emotional ties.

*According to HIM, British Muslims are not as strict with dating guidelines...given that there was some allowance for a non-Muslim to marry into the family at some point? yet he has told me that his family would prefer him to stick with a Muslima.

Ah well, I live in the Big Apple...I'll get over it.

Thanks again everyone..champagne kisses!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:08 PM

he's cheating

Ads

It's not the fact that he's a Muslim that would bother me, it's the fact that he's so secretive and is clearly using his religion as an excuse to hide a lot of things.

I think that he's a dishonest MAN, and would be a dishonest man whatever his religion. Walk away. This is not a good situation to be in with anybody.

Does he deserve to be with you. Could you do better?

My advice DUMP HIM!!!!

He's hiding something from you & possibly cheating. Considering his religion he probably doesn't want anyone to know he's dating someone outside his religion as well. But after being together that long and you don't have him as a friend at least....he's def hiding things from you. Time to move on!

You need a new boyfriend one who doesn't have anything to hide

I am Muslim too . If he says he's in mid 20s and don't use facebook he's a liar anyway.
Dump him and get over it. At the end of theday he's a big time liar because he's been lying to his family as well for whatsoever reasons.
Direct confrontations is the best way to sort out things than speculating it Smile

Know what? You can't have it both ways.

You say "given that he is Muslim - he cannot date, his family knows nothing about you"

Then you say "he's mixed British and according to him, his family doesn't care who he dates"

So which is it?

Yes, that's the classic answer when a page is up on a personal computer to say "oh, it belongs to somebody else.".

At the end of the day - you say "I'm no fool". But really, you are being rather foolish.

Why would you want to be with a guy who sounds like is lying to you, cruising websites, keeps you away from his family, says hurtful things to you like "f**". Saying things like that is designed to get you to back off, feel guilty for asking, puts you on the defensive.

Virtually all people working these days use a computer in some capacity so he doesn't get a pass for being Muslim on that.

Don't know what advice you are looking for. If it were me - I would be backing out of this relationship.

Sounds like a cheater plus its obvious your not happy, dump him, you can do better

Something is shady with him, so I'd probably move on. However, if I was him I wouldn't give you FB login info either, that's private and not for you. Yes, he shouldn't be doing anything on there that you shouldn't see, but it's not your place to look.